The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Freshers 2016 ^^

Maybe it's a little premature to start this thread with people still waiting for offers and all but hey ho you can achieve anything you set your mind to right? I thought it'd be a good idea to start the thread for people to be in touch with other prospective Loughborough students.

Maybe this thread won't be very active until people have their results but...

How's everybody doing? What are you guys hoping to study??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
rejected my offer to here lol
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
chose loughborough as my firm choice and hopefully i will get in and study criminology
Original post by xoxo97
chose loughborough as my firm choice and hopefully i will get in and study criminology

Ooooo heeeeeyyy, I'm holding a place for Criminology too! I applied in 2014 though ^^ have you visited?
Original post by sharonolukoga
Ooooo heeeeeyyy, I'm holding a place for Criminology too! I applied in 2014 though ^^ have you visited?

yeahhh i have in september i really liked it, i'm just not sure about accommodation and freshers week lool
Gonna firm my offer for chemical engineering at lufbraa!! Apparently their engineering department is solid
Original post by xoxo97
yeahhh i have in september i really liked it, i'm just not sure about accommodation and freshers week lool

What do you mean you aren't sure? Is there something you're worried about?
Reply 7
Never too early to start a thread haha. Haven't firmed it yet but they're my first choice for Economics and Management. Just need to get those grades now.
Original post by Chellecharity
Gonna firm my offer for chemical engineering at lufbraa!! Apparently their engineering department is solid

Damn girl, congratulations!!! Hopefully I'll see you in September! You're doing A-Levels?
What do you mean you aren't sure? Is there something you're worried about?

I just want to know which one is the best en suite accomodation, how freshers week is and you study criminology do you enjoy it
Original post by samm98
Never too early to start a thread haha. Haven't firmed it yet but they're my first choice for Economics and Management. Just need to get those grades now.

Yaaaaaaas work hard, I remember I was in this position this time last year and although I have a place I still wish I studied harder! All the best!!
Original post by xoxo97
I just want to know which one is the best en suite accomodation, how freshers week is and you study criminology do you enjoy it

No, I'm starting this September. I deferred my entry by a year. In terms of accommodation I've done a hell of a lot of research on it... If you're interested, message me!
Reply 12
No, I'm starting this September. I deferred my entry by a year. In terms of accommodation I've done a hell of a lot of research on it... If you're interested, message me!

I'm off to bed now but sometime I'd be really interested in anything you have to say about the accommodation there :smile: I've got an applicant visit day coming up and I forgot to register for an accommodation tour, so anything you have to add would be most appreciated!

Oh sorry my bad lool 😂, yeah i've done a lot of research as well and when i went to the actual uni i went to robert bakewell and falkner but i'm definitely interested in knowing more!!
Original post by xoxo97
Oh sorry my bad lool 😂, yeah i've done a lot of research as well and when i went to the actual uni i went to robert bakewell and falkner but i'm definitely interested in knowing more!!

Alright, we should get in contact (-share some notes ahaha) what time of criminology are you doing? Psychology with criminology...criminology and social policy or criminology and sociology?
Yeaah , i'm doing criminology and social policy wbu?
Original post by xoxo97
Yeaah , i'm doing criminology and social policy wbu?

Yaaaaaaasss same same!
Damn girl, congratulations!!! Hopefully I'll see you in September! You're doing A-Levels?

Yasss, I've I manage to secure my 3 A's 😱😱
Reply 18
Original post by xoxo97

Hey!

After going to two open days and speaking to a variety of current students, I got the vibe that Robert Bakewell, Rig Rut, the holt and william morris are the best/most sociable halls. I really can't decide between Robert Bakewell and william morris:confused:
Reply 19
what accommodation is everyone looking at?

Quick Reply