The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey thats on monday isnt it , reply asap ??x
Reply 2
Its on monday?.....****
Reply 3
~Hey! I have my practical on monday. i think its on Specific heat capacity and latent heat and Resistivity. Anyone got any other news about it?
cheers
Spence
Reply 4
Resistivty sounds likely, where did you get the idea of latent/specific heat capacity from?
Reply 5
yeah, how do you know what's it's going to be on?

(not that i'm complaining of course :P just wondering how valid the info you gave is :smile:)
Reply 6
Don't know if its 'supposed' to be. Just one of the areas that my teachers told me to "read up on". :smile:
Anyone else think that these practicals seem a bit of a stab in the dark?
Hows people prep for their PHB5 going?
Spence :wink:
Reply 7
SpencerUK
~Hey! I have my practical on monday. i think its on Specific heat capacity and latent heat and Resistivity. Anyone got any other news about it?
cheers
Spence

Can anyone corroborate this list of topics that are 'likely to come up' ?
Reply 8
We went over resistivity in our last physics lesson ever, so that agrees with that part. But heat capacity seems a little too wild to be a random hint, so could be worth reading up on.
Reply 9
Yea the resistivity is likely...though wouldnt that be AS stuff since that is part of the AS course...It would prob be about changing length and area of wire? but isnt that too easy?...
Reply 10
Wasnt in AS prac.

Wasnt the pendulum principal in exerise 1 on the AS syllabus too?
They can do any topics in the pracs AS or A2.

You say changing length is too easy? thats all we did in exc 1.
Reply 11
Yea you're right, I always thought A2 practicals would be way harder but in fact its just the same as the AS ones if not much easier since the one we got last year in June was really hard...
I Hope it isnt on capacitors..:confused:
Reply 12
pheww

and i was readin up particle accelarators....
Reply 13
Yeh u hope so too! Capacitors experiments always end up messy...
I think just make sure you have uncertainties sorted and erm know your basic formulas. And hopefully we'll be fine!
I wanna hear how you guys found it though! :biggrin:

Spence
Reply 14
Capacitors havnt crossed my mind....*fingers crossed*

Hmmm....logs were missing from exc1 right? Anyone think theyll make an appearence in exc2, and is so, would it fit in with the resistivity and spec heat capacity ideas so far?
Reply 15
particle accelerators lol!...i doubt the school can afford those...:biggrin:

Capacitors is a bit tricky and yea very messy...hope it doesnt come up..

I'll let you know how it goes..:smile:
Reply 16
Why didnt I find this thread last night... :rolleyes:

Good job Robbolo filled me in :P

But yeah, if anyone happens to still be looking on here this close to the exam, remember it's a paper with a synoptic element, so they can bring in knowledge from either AS or A2, so Resistivity is a likely candidate :]

I hope it is now... I don't know what else to revise!!

x
Reply 17
bump
Reply 18
anybody else a little scared? :confused:

My practical technique is awful
Reply 19
Robbolo
anybody else a little scared? :confused:

My practical technique is awful

*Prod*

You kow you'll be fine hun :]

You just proved to me that you actually know what you're on about, whereas I'm useless :biggrin:

AGH stress :biggrin:

Latest