The Student Room Group

Appetite gone crazy

I cant really get my head around why i never feel full? Like even after a huge huge meal i still feel constantly hungry. Cant remember the last time i wasnt feeling some degree of hunger. Have tried just about everything. Should i see a doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Im just coming to an end of this phase and I've piled on 6lbs in a week. I think either just ride it out and really force yourself away from food. Also, bingeing on dark chocolate is better than milk and really try to fill yourself up by downing a 500ml water bottle straight after you eat a meal. It also links with stress and lack of sleep so maybe those are the issues? They mostly were for me :frown:
Reply 2
If you eat healthy food then it's all good. You're probably still growing as you don't stop until mid to late twenties anyway.
Original post by Kyle98
I cant really get my head around why i never feel full? Like even after a huge huge meal i still feel constantly hungry. Cant remember the last time i wasnt feeling some degree of hunger. Have tried just about everything. Should i see a doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you genuinely never feel full and always feel hungry then yes I think you should see a doctor as that's not normal.
Original post by Kyle98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Theres quite a few factors that can influence appetite like some people said above stress etc. I have also found myself with a crazy appetite too and something that ive noticed - and bare with me because you might be like what the hell haha - i can only sit down with a meal once i have a program on the tv or my laptop, so i like having something to watch whilst eating and i'll always have a snack prepared for when my favourite program is coming on. The problem with this though is that its almost psychological in the sense that my brain thinks of food everytime i watch tv or something now so i think im hungry when im not... sorry if you didnt understand this at all but basically what im trying to say is that it might be psychological and it might be a natural instinct or something? Hope you find an answer!
Reply 5
Original post by ImagineCats
I think Im just coming to an end of this phase and I've piled on 6lbs in a week. I think either just ride it out and really force yourself away from food. Also, bingeing on dark chocolate is better than milk and really try to fill yourself up by downing a 500ml water bottle straight after you eat a meal. It also links with stress and lack of sleep so maybe those are the issues? They mostly were for me :frown:

I find that it is something to do with my brain not telling body that its had enough and when to stop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyle98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you eat a lot of fibre, drink a lot of water?

Eating a lot of simple carbs will mean you have consumed a sizeable quantity of calories but satiation will be limited.

Do you have any anomolies? Excess urination, thirst, sweating? Do you constantly feel itchy, or have abdominal pain etc
Make sure you're hydrated. It's quite easy to confuse thirst and hunger, having water with a meal might help. Speaking to GP is a good idea if you have concerns about your health.
Reply 8
Original post by apronedsamurai
Do you eat a lot of fibre, drink a lot of water?

Eating a lot of simple carbs will mean you have consumed a sizeable quantity of calories but satiation will be limited.

Do you have any anomolies? Excess urination, thirst, sweating? Do you constantly feel itchy, or have abdominal pain etc

Yes!!!!! I have a urinating issue where i feel i need to go to every like 5 minutes!! Its a nightmare! Whats a solution to all of this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyle98
Yes!!!!! I have a urinating issue where i feel i need to go to every like 5 minutes!! Its a nightmare! Whats a solution to all of this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only way to be absolutely sure, is to visit your GP for a blood test to rule out things such as diabetes mellitus etc.
Reply 10
Original post by Quilverine
Make sure you're hydrated. It's quite easy to confuse thirst and hunger, having water with a meal might help. Speaking to GP is a good idea if you have concerns about your health.

I drink as much as a normal person would but yet need to pee like 20 times a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyle98
I drink as much as a normal person would but yet need to pee like 20 times a day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, book that dr appointment asap.
Are you pregnant?

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by stefano865
Are you pregnant?

Spoiler

Im a male so im not sure about that one🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyle98
Im a male so im not sure about that one🙈