The Student Room Group

I feel so bummed!!

So I am already half way of the term in first year and I still haven't found any close friends at uni and felt that i have wasted half my year going to work instead actually focusing on uni. So at the start of the year i made so many friends such as going to freshers, jobs and societies. However, because I'm in a long distance relationship back at home it made it very difficult. So i hardly saw my friends tat i have made because i was either doing too many hours at work, uni work or just talking to partner. Like i have a friend that lives literally 2 mins away and i hardly see her because its either I'm busy or she's busy. Now looking back at it, everyone that i met at the start of the term already made a bond and already started a very good friendship with them. Im just here like hey!! i feel like a tag along :frown: So this made me very sad just because i felt very isolated. My room mates are very into them selfs, i tried talking to them but they just prefer to stay in there rooms. And when I went back home, I was a very quite shy person back at college so didn't really make actual close friends. When i do go back home, all I ever do is see my partner . Its not like I'm complaining but i just feel really bummed.
Original post by brava4378
So I am already half way of the term in first year and I still haven't found any close friends at uni and felt that i have wasted half my year going to work instead actually focusing on uni. So at the start of the year i made so many friends such as going to freshers, jobs and societies. However, because I'm in a long distance relationship back at home it made it very difficult. So i hardly saw my friends tat i have made because i was either doing too many hours at work, uni work or just talking to partner. Like i have a friend that lives literally 2 mins away and i hardly see her because its either I'm busy or she's busy. Now looking back at it, everyone that i met at the start of the term already made a bond and already started a very good friendship with them. Im just here like hey!! i feel like a tag along :frown: So this made me very sad just because i felt very isolated. My room mates are very into them selfs, i tried talking to them but they just prefer to stay in there rooms. And when I went back home, I was a very quite shy person back at college so didn't really make actual close friends. When i do go back home, all I ever do is see my partner . Its not like I'm complaining but i just feel really bummed.

You're only in first year, you have so much time to make friends and you're clearly capable so don't stress! I would recommend speaking to your Uni advisor about managing your time so you can fit everything around your work schedule, rest assured it can be done and a lot of people go through a similar thing, especially when they're in Uni for the first time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending