The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Biochemistry at Bristol?

What's the course like? I visited the department over a year ago and really liked it but I can't remember the finer details. I'm pretty certain Bristol is where I want to be, but I need to confirm this. What kind of future am I looking at with a Biochemistry degree from Bristol? Right now I'm thinking postgrad in Medicine or Biochem. Maybe even a law conversion course if I don't want to continue in the sciences. Will I be able to do these things with a Biochem degree from Bristol? Thanks in advance
You can do any of those things you've listed. Bristol is a semi-target university too so you will be able to break into finance (investment banking)!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by High Stakes
Bristol is a semi-target university too so you will be able to break into finance (investment banking)!

A what now?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
A what now?

Target:
Oxbridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
Warwick

Semi target:
Bristol
Bath
Nottingham
Durham
etc.

Target referring to how heavily people are recruited from these institutions by banks.
Original post by High Stakes
x

Ah, I see. Thanks.
Original post by mechanism
What's the course like? I visited the department over a year ago and really liked it but I can't remember the finer details. I'm pretty certain Bristol is where I want to be, but I need to confirm this. What kind of future am I looking at with a Biochemistry degree from Bristol? Right now I'm thinking postgrad in Medicine or Biochem. Maybe even a law conversion course if I don't want to continue in the sciences. Will I be able to do these things with a Biochem degree from Bristol? Thanks in advance

In case you weren't aware - don't hedge your bets on GEM if that's what you're looking at, as its future is very uncertain. Bristol is stopping its GEM course, as have Leicester and a few others in recent years. Unless you have the huge amount of money needed to self-fund the 5-year course.
Reply 6
Original post by spleenharvester
In case you weren't aware - don't hedge your bets on GEM if that's what you're looking at, as its future is very uncertain. Bristol is stopping its GEM course, as have Leicester and a few others in recent years. Unless you have the huge amount of money needed to self-fund the 5-year course.

Wait, explain, why is it being stopped?
Original post by mechanism
Wait, explain, why is it being stopped?

Factors including funding and the new registration law being debated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending