The Student Room Group

Aeronautics at Imperial London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lawliettt
You specifically said 'easy' which is false. And for the record, my school has a lazy policy of predicting 1 above your actual grade. They don't bother looking at UMS. But if I remember correctly the guys who applied had high UMS marks anyway. The course is very competitive and since virtually everyone applying will have top grades + predicteds, the interview and exam are used to help with the decision. Along with your personal statement of course.

Original post by Helloworld_95
Honestly that sounds more like Imperial has had a bad experience with your school or students from your school.

Probably because they over-predict A2 grades...
Original post by alvin99au
Is it true that at Imperial College London they focus more on the aerodynamics of formula one rather than on aircraft? Also how difficult is it to get an offer at ICL for Aeronautical Engineering? Thanks
p.s. I am currently in year 12 doing Maths/Further Maths/Physics/Business and planned to drop business at the end of the year.

No, it is not true, I'd say the course is focused on aircraft.
Original post by ounce
No, it is not true, I'd say the course is focused on aircraft.

Have you gone with one of the options? :smile: (year abroad etc.)
Original post by Student403
Have you gone with one of the options? :smile: (year abroad etc.)

No, I'm doing all 4 years at Imperial :smile:
Original post by ounce
No, I'm doing all 4 years at Imperial :smile:

Oh okay that's really cool - Not sure if you know, but I was wondering which specific University of California campus students have the opportunity to study at in the year abroad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending