The Student Room Group

Could I still do Law?

I`ve only recently discovered that I would like to do law as a career and I`m wondering if i`d be able to get into any of the law courses with the A-levels I have. I`m studying Biology,Chemistry, Health and Social Care and English literature. All help would be appreciated.
Original post by lolza_98
I`ve only recently discovered that I would like to do law as a career and I`m wondering if i`d be able to get into any of the law courses with the A-levels I have. I`m studying Biology,Chemistry, Health and Social Care and English literature. All help would be appreciated.

You don't need to study law to be a lawyer. Research GDLs.

English literature is helpful, carry that on to A2 if you haven't already. I think an application could be successful if you are doing English, Biology and Chemistry A2s. HSC is a bonus. You need to show interest in a legal career or the law itself. Perhaps you could display a particular interest in scientific aspects of law e.g. medical negligence law.

Do some work experience, do some volunteering, go and visit a court, apply for open days and law events. Then write about them in a personal statement. It could work fine.

My A levels were Maths French and Music and I got accepted for 5 law courses!
Law doesn't require specific A-levels and you're doing three very respected subjects. You're fine.
Reply 3
With good grades in english, chemistry and biology, your application will be just as competitive as people who've done all essay subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending