The Student Room Group
Original post by FayeeGeorgiaa
Hello,

Recently I had my DSA assessment and I'm just wondering what anyone else received from applying for the DSA?

It all depends on your disability, I had software, a dictaphone and a 1:1 study skills tutor
Reply 2
My assessment was 2008, so not quite the same conditions as today. I had a laptop (only owned an elderly desktop which was struggling with dial-up internet), printer (mine didn't work properly), a dictaphone, ergonomic mouse, book stand, dictating software, AA battery recharger and batteries, and the only thing that I thought I'd actually needed, the facility to do exams on a PC rather than handwriting them.
I got Surface Pro 4 with type cover, dictaphone and software, dragon, wireless headset, electric rising desk, ergonomic chair and a few other things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laptop, dictaphone, scanner, printer, software and things like a note taker, exam arrangements, coloured paper and ink.
Laptop (even though I sorted mine out seperatly in the end), Printer/Scanner, Ink allowance, Livescribe Pen, Software =) x
Reply 6
I too, recently had my DSA assessment. I'm unsure as to which provisions I will be granted but I do know that my DSA assessor is pushing for quite a lot. I don't want to necessarily broadcast my disabilities but the following things are what he requested:

-Text to Speech Software (and vice versa) think one of them was called Dragon?
-Dictaphone
-A lightweight laptop
-Mind mapping software
-Printing allowance/Money towards cartridges
-Book allowances
-Learning Mentor
-Extensions on work where needed
-Separate room for exams due to not being able to sit in one position for too long.

Oh and I also have a guy from some Ergonomics company coming to view my flat tomorrow to see what ergonomical support can fit such as a supportive chair/desk, footrest, laptop stand etc.

My DSA assessor was very lovely and understanding and was really confident that these provisions would be a necessary for my conditions to bring me in line with other students!

Do you know what provisions you have been recommended? Did your DSA assessor discuss these with you?
Reply 7
Oops! Just realized this post is like 2 years old!

What provisions were you granted in the end?
Original post by hdelders
Oops! Just realized this post is like 2 years old!

What provisions were you granted in the end?

I'm going to close this one now due to age. Please feel free to start your own thread.

Latest