The Student Room Group

How long has everyone been lifting?

How long have you been lifting?

Scroll to see replies

Coming up 3 and a half years, a bit on and off due to bouts of extended illness but mostly on.
Starting on the 11th April after my doctor appointment to see how my dislocated shoulder is doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
About a month, leg ache like a mofo hahaha
Reply 4
1.5 years
Since I was 11ish. I was on that 5kg dumbbell hype. Got my first bench and about 80kg of weight when I was 13/14 so maybe that's a better suggestion. I went to the gym later but never really ended up lifting very heavy and now I just use kettlebells at home.
Reply 6
2 years 6 months, Im 18
1 year, 6 months.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Coming up 3 and a half years, a bit on and off due to bouts of extended illness but mostly on.

Oh crap mate is it serious?
Original post by ivy.98
1.5 years

dont lie.
Shopping does not count.
Original post by DatSHINeeBack
Oh crap mate is it serious?

Not anything terminal so it's not that bad :lol: Nothing I can't handle, I always bounce back :wink:
Reply 11
dont lie.
Shopping does not count.

haha. :colonhash:

i was acc forced by my mum to start going gym lmfao and i ended up loving it. its one of mah hobbies now
I started mid 2014, and done it on and off since. (Not done much since the start of this year though :ninja:) if I was more consistent I'd probably see much better results :lol:
Original post by ivy.98
haha. :colonhash:

i was acc forced by my mum to start going gym lmfao and i ended up loving it. its one of mah hobbies now

haha just kidding.
Nice, what are your stats for the workouts you do?
Height and weight?
Not anything terminal so it's not that bad :lol: Nothing I can't handle, I always bounce back :wink:

Good good. Are you currently involved in any sports or martial arts?
Good good. Are you currently involved in any sports or martial arts?

Nah not atm mate, tbh I've fallen off the wagon a bit with the lifting due to illness over the start of the year, but I've had the odd session here and there so I've maintained most of my gains no problem. Wanna get back to 100% before I start cutting this spring though.

How's your fighting going? Think that's you anyways lol.
Reply 16
haha just kidding.
Nice, what are your stats for the workouts you do?
Height and weight?

bench: 20kg
ohp: 10kg
squat: 30kg
deadlift: 45kg

5 ft 8 and around 68kg
Nah not atm mate, tbh I've fallen off the wagon a bit with the lifting due to illness over the start of the year, but I've had the odd session here and there so I've maintained most of my gains no problem. Wanna get back to 100% before I start cutting this spring though.

How's your fighting going? Think that's you anyways lol.

Well I've been out of action for some time now because of exams. Just a lot of running, weight training occasionally, heavy bag and shadow boxing.
I think if you have higher testosterone its easier to maintain muscle, that seems to be the case for me. And i suppose it would be the same for you aswell.
Original post by ivy.98
bench: 20kg
ohp: 10kg
squat: 30kg
deadlift: 45kg

5 ft 8 and around 68kg

Cool.

You must be pretty muscular then.

What sort of build are you naturally out of interest?
Reply 19
Original post by stefano865
Cool.

You must be pretty muscular then.

What sort of build are you naturally out of interest?

Yeah I am :smile:

Ectomorph/hourglass

Quick Reply

Latest