The Student Room Group

6th form...

I started college when I left secondary school, but I feel like that was the wrong choice for me.. Can I go back to secondary school for 6th form to do my year 13 without doing my year 12?
In my experience it seems that you would have to go from year 12 and do the 2 years at Sixth form, or at least that is what everyone who joined our sixth form did (and anyone going to college who did year 12 started from the beginning too)

I think this will become more certain with the A-Level changes that begin in September 2016 - no longer having AS exams in year 12 and A2 exams in year 13 but just having one lot of exams at the end of year 13 to secure your A-Level. With this change I don't think it would be possible for you to start from year 13 because you would only know 1/2 of the course, perhaps less.

However don't let this put you off if you really think Sixth Form is right for you. The work will be worth in and, once again in my own experience, there was nothing odd about someone who was older in the class and people retaking/restarting joined us easily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest