The Student Room Group

Cheating at uni

Have you guys ever seen people cheat in exams or in presentations or anything

I saw 1 guy cover his arm in notes before 1 exam I herd some guys out side the class arranging what questions they will ask each other and finally I saw a guy being told to leave after he went to the loo he dropped some paper on his way in and the invidulator picked it up he was reading notes for the question in the loo.

What have you guys seen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I'm way too stressed in Uni exams to focus on anyone else tbh lol
I once saw two students get dragged out of an exam for cheating - I think they had headphones in.

The funniest part was that most of the exam was on Chinese politics, and they were Chinese.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Someone two years below me was caught using crib notes in a first year exam. They weren't challenged during the exam as it would've disturbed other candidates. They were taken to one side by the invigilators at the end of the exam to be told that both of them had seen the notes being used and that disciplinary proceedings for cheating would follow. The student withdrew from uni before anything actually happened.

TBH they'd failed more than half of their coursework and the only way they would've passed an exam would've been to cheat. They were already facing the retake of the year, so getting the hell out if Dodge was a wise move.
I know of one guy who Googled his way through exams, don't ask me how that managed to happen... The stupidest part was the fact he FACEBOOKED it afterwards.... :holmes:

Some people.... :jester:
I know people who had notes in their pockets and went to the toilet to read them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A kid in my year was sniffing amyl nitrate in our GCSE RE exam. Not sure if he was hoping to be able to ask god for the answers though.
Reply 7
I once overheard a guy saying he'd written some key dates on his nail for a history exam. If he was telling the truth, I'm impressed he managed to do it. There's not much room on your nails afterall...
Original post by Darelz
I once overheard a guy saying he'd written some key dates on his nail for a history exam. If he was telling the truth, I'm impressed he managed to do it. There's not much room on your nails afterall...

If you could read Braille, you could etch little dots into you nails and no one would be able to tell

Spoiler

I saw two people using calculators on a small test. There's no way they'll pass the year with that attitude so there's no real issue.
I remember someone was using a calculator during a non calculator test and he got sent out of the room and disqualified for cheating. He was not allowed to re-sit and for the next exam a teacher had to sit next to him the whole way through lmao
Reply 11
I know people who pretend they're going to the toilet then go on their phones and check the mark scheme.
Reply 12
This happened to us a few years back. I was in a room with other exam candidates. One candidate sneezed and coincidentally, four of us sneezed on separate occasions in the span of 30 seconds. The invigilator thought something suspicious is going on but she did not follow up on it. Great fun tho we all had a laugh after the exam.
Should have flushed it down the toilet, perfect way to get rid of evidence.
Reply 14
Original post by Zargabaath
If you could read Braille, you could etch little dots into you nails and no one would be able to tell

Spoiler

I wouldn't be surprised if someone learnt braille to cheat, instead of just learning the actual course content.
Original post by jonathanemptage
Have you guys ever seen people cheat in exams or in presentations or anything

I saw 1 guy cover his arm in notes before 1 exam I herd some guys out side the class arranging what questions they will ask each other and finally I saw a guy being told to leave after he went to the loo he dropped some paper on his way in and the invidulator picked it up he was reading notes for the question in the loo.

What have you guys seen

People hiding their notes under their work, people using the internet on their laptops, people looking up the mark scheme and memorising it before the exam, people pulling out their phones under the desks and googling it - I've seen it all.
I heard one Year 11 girl in Sacred Heart High School Hammersmith wrote notes on her leg before she went to school - someone saw it, phoned the school and exams were cancelled.
During my undergrad, as I had additional time I was put in a smaller room with only about 20 people. During my second year, there was a closed book law exam happening the same day (for final years) and half way through doing my paper (I was a maths major) I had noticed that there was a guy who was cheating with his own set of notes. For a split second we had made eye contact and he signaled to me not to say anything.

Now to this day I'm still in a conflicted mindset as to whether or not I should have said anything (this May would have been 3 years). I didn't know the guy, I didn't know what caused him to feel that cheating was his only way forward, I didn't know if that was the paper that would have caused him to either pass or fail his degree. I chose not to say anything at the time because I was so focused on doing well on my paper that I didn't need to get dragged into another situation that didn't directly involve me. Who knows what would have happened should I have said something :moon:
Basically the whole class cheated for our English Coursework.

1. Our teacher gave us all A's for speaking (Since there are no recordings means no evidence)
2. Me and most of the class would simply pre-write the perfect essay, fit it up a blazer sleeve and take it out and blend into the other papers at the right moment!
Original post by Lemon Haze
Basically the whole class cheated for our English Coursework.

1. Our teacher gave us all A's for speaking (Since there are no recordings means no evidence)
2. Me and most of the class would simply pre-write the perfect essay, fit it up a blazer sleeve and take it out and blend into the other papers at the right moment!

Because the exam board for our school was OCR then speaking didnt count towards anything - just for moderation. We basically did the 3 tasks over 3 lessons at the end of the year. I don't think anyone cheated as it turned into more of a class discussion. When we had to do the speech we just read off paper or flashcards.
I've cheated in the benefit of others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending