The Student Room Group

What to ask for as an 18th Birthday Present?

So I'm coming up 18 soon and my mum would like to know what I want for my 18th Birthday and I have absolutely no idea. She doesn't want to spend any more than £200.
I've already passed my driving test so I don't need lessons, I bought my car and insurance myself already so I don't need money towards that and don't really want a personalised reg plate, I don't wear jewellery and already have a very good watch that I only ever wear for work. I don't really need clothes or shoes (so basically I'm a nightmare to buy for).
Any suggestions would be helpful...
Hey!
Can't you just take the money and see what you fancy?
Original post by lulucoco98
Hey!
Can't you just take the money and see what you fancy?

That's what I wanted to do but she won't let me just have money for some reason
:frown:
Hmm anything you need for college? cant you save it up for a holiday? or anything you feel like doing on your birthday day, use it towards that? Have a gr8 day either way :smile:
If you're going to leave home then you could ask for practical things you'll need to buy? or you could spend it on a trip out with friends etc or if you were feeling generous you could donate it to charity, for people who really do need the money
Original post by Studentxoxo
Hmm anything you need for college? cant you save it up for a holiday? or anything you feel like doing on your birthday day, use it towards that? Have a gr8 day either way :smile:

I wanted to save some money up for a roadtrip around America but she doesn't think it is safe enough and doesn't want me to go- which is half the problem. I thought about looking at a new laptop but the one I have is only a year old so it would seem a waste to buy another one :ashamed2:
So I'm coming up 18 soon and my mum would like to know what I want for my 18th Birthday and I have absolutely no idea. She doesn't want to spend any more than £200.
I've already passed my driving test so I don't need lessons, I bought my car and insurance myself already so I don't need money towards that and don't really want a personalised reg plate, I don't wear jewellery and already have a very good watch that I only ever wear for work. I don't really need clothes or shoes (so basically I'm a nightmare to buy for).
Any suggestions would be helpful...

lifetime UKIP subscription.
Original post by the bear
lifetime UKIP subscription.

oh
I turned 18 in September so I asked for a little trip down to my first choice uni, to have a look around (hadn't been before that)

Best birthday present ever :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending