The Student Room Group

Course decision

Do I need to select my firm, insurance before applying for student loan etc?
Original post by Lauraroberts2512
Do I need to select my firm, insurance before applying for student loan etc?

No you don't.

When you apply put whichever course you expect to pick as firm...it's straight forward to change this if you change you mind later (every year students change this information after results with no problems). The sooner you can start your application for finance the better.

Please don't give out misleading advice
Original post by PQ
No you don't.

When you apply put whichever course you expect to pick as firm...it's straight forward to change this if you change you mind later (every year students change this information after results with no problems). The sooner you can start your application for finance the better.

Please don't give out misleading advice

Of course you can change it if you end up in clearing etc. But you still need to put down your firm and insurance choice in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Of course you can change it if you end up in clearing etc. But you still need to put down your firm and insurance choice in the first place

Posted from TSR Mobile

No

SFE advise that you apply with the university you expect to go to - that doesn't have to be your firm at the time you apply (and you don't include your insurance at all).

You just need to be sure that your application has the correct course in August. Delaying applying for finance because you're waiting on a university decision or rushing the choice of firm in order to apply for finance are both very bad ideas.

http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1516/ft/sfe_new_ft_guide_1516_d.pdf Page 10
"You don’t need a confirmed place at university. Just create yourstudent finance account and apply using your preferred choice ofcourse. You can simply change the details once you’ve accepted anoffer."

The deadline for completing a SFE application (including evidence in some cases) is 31 May - a LOT of students wont have picked a firm choice by then,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mizzsnazzter

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you don't. You can apply before you have even chosen your firm. Your insurance doesn't enter into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending