The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Would I pass through clearing?

What if I get a BBC, and end up with 310 UCAS? Would I get the admissions for a course that requires 320?

What if I get a BCC (which would leave me with 290 UCAS)?
Original post by ZHguy
What if I get a BBC, and end up with 310 UCAS? Would I get the admissions for a course that requires 320?

What if I get a BCC (which would leave me with 290 UCAS)?

Clearing requirements change from year to year. It depends on how many people met the grades initially and how many spaces they have left to fill. But many courses usually drop a few grades in clearing :smile:
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Ultimately, the only way you'll know if you'll be successful or not is to go ahead and apply. When the time comes I expect that City will be posting further details abut the Clearing process, including the relevant contact number, on this page: http://www.city.ac.uk/clearing.

It's worth bearing in mind that many of the University's courses will be near capacity. As soon as the Clearing hotline is open I recommend that you phone in as quickly as possible. If you wait too long then the course you want might be full.

I know that when some people call a Clearing hotline they might not have all of the information ready to pass on to the person dealing with their application. Therefore, in the days proceeding Clearing, it might be worthwhile gathering all of information that you may need to give, and storing this in a logical order. At the very least, an institution will probably want to know your A-level and GCSE grades (or equivalent). However, also think about what else might strengthen your application: for instance, have you done some relevant work experience?

Last, do take time to research the institution(s) and course(s) you're applying to, even if you are going via the Clearing process. If you can tell the person on the phone, "I'm really interested in x, so look forward to doing y module because this will further my understanding of z" then this may convince the people processing your application that your'e genuinely keen.

Good luck and best wishes.
Reply 3
I missed my conditional offer of BBB with a BBC and got into Computer Science.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
I missed my conditional offer of BBB with a BBC and got into Computer Science.

Hows the course there? How hard is the maths I only got a C at gcse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending