The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Maths at Bristol

The prospectus says that the Maths building is "attractive". I loved the arts buildings/houses but what I thought was the maths building looked a right dump - a 1950s concrete box and very small. Is there only one building? What are the conditions like for studying maths at Bristol? Yes - I know other factors come into play besides the quality of the lecture hall but it really did look dire.
Reply 1
big mama
The prospectus says that the Maths building is "attractive". I loved the arts buildings/houses but what I thought was the maths building looked a right dump - a 1950s concrete box and very small. Is there only one building? What are the conditions like for studying maths at Bristol? Yes - I know other factors come into play besides the quality of the lecture hall but it really did look dire.

Oh Dear! I put down bristol as my insurance:frown:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
big mama

I'm not a Maths student (I'm an English-if-I-get-the-grades student!) but it doesn't look too terrible to me - http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/department/picsofbuilding.html. Bear in mind Bristol's a fantastic city and you won't spend all your time in the department anyway :smile: (unless you're really keen!)
Reply 3
slowjamz
I'm not a Maths student (I'm an English-if-I-get-the-grades student!) but it doesn't look too terrible to me - http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/department/picsofbuilding.html. Bear in mind Bristol's a fantastic city and you won't spend all your time in the department anyway :smile: (unless you're really keen!)

Thanks for this. The building I saw was the one in the first two photos and it really is horrible but I agree the others do look much better. Loved the rest of the uni. Good luck with the grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending