The Student Room Group

Second undergraduate degree at Oxbridge

Hello,

I'm currently a 2nd year BA (Hons) Animation student at UAL.
I had really good high school grades (I'm an international student), I've studied a lot of different subjects such as english, philosophy, mathematics, drawing, geometry.. So when I had to apply to university I was a bit torn between studying animation or another art related subject, which was something I had always loved, or studying philosophy/law/politics, subjects I had started to enjoy as I grew up.
I've decided on animation and I've come to realise that I made a huge mistake - I don't enjoy studying it as much as I thought I would, I really need something a lot more academic, so I definitely want to study something else. I've been thinking about whether I should quit this degree already (since it is making me quite depressed) and apply to some other degree for next year entry; or sticking to it and trying to finish it with a First and then get in to Oxford/Cambridge as an affiliate student in either Law or Philosophy. My question is - what are my chances of being accepted, or even considered, in Oxbridge after studying animation/ at UAL?
Reply 1
Original post by ritaldraw
Hello,

I'm currently a 2nd year BA (Hons) Animation student at UAL.
I had really good high school grades (I'm an international student), I've studied a lot of different subjects such as english, philosophy, mathematics, drawing, geometry.. So when I had to apply to university I was a bit torn between studying animation or another art related subject, which was something I had always loved, or studying philosophy/law/politics, subjects I had started to enjoy as I grew up.
I've decided on animation and I've come to realise that I made a huge mistake - I don't enjoy studying it as much as I thought I would, I really need something a lot more academic, so I definitely want to study something else. I've been thinking about whether I should quit this degree already (since it is making me quite depressed) and apply to some other degree for next year entry; or sticking to it and trying to finish it with a First and then get in to Oxford/Cambridge as an affiliate student in either Law or Philosophy. My question is - what are my chances of being accepted, or even considered, in Oxbridge after studying animation/ at UAL?

Do your high school grades satisfy the entry requirements for law or philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Do your high school grades satisfy the entry requirements for law or philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, they do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending