The Student Room Group

So whos winning the league?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If anybody in the top four is capable of a run, it's City imho.

If Leicester pick up three points tonight at Watford, after sides have struggled at Vicarage Road all season and the North London derby ended in a draw earlier today, then it's a huge statement.
Original post by sr90
Chelsea have been in title winning form since Christmas tbf

Yeah this pretty much. Really had manager been swapped in october we'd definitely be in top 4 right now. 11 points from top 4 when Chelsea were genuine relegation candidates at Xmas.
Worst case scenario, Leicester will drop 12 points or so, which means Spurs have to win all their winnable games and pick up some more points. If anyone's going to catch them on form, it'll be West Ham.
Original post by jam277
Yeah this pretty much. Really had manager been swapped in october we'd definitely be in top 4 right now. 11 points from top 4 when Chelsea were genuine relegation candidates at Xmas.

You still have to play 4 of the top 5 (and they're all at home I believe). Chelsea may not have anything to play for but they'll have a massive say in the title race and who qualifys for the CL.
Original post by Mackay
If anybody in the top four is capable of a run, it's City imho.

If Leicester pick up three points tonight at Watford, after sides have struggled at Vicarage Road all season and the North London derby ended in a draw earlier today, then it's a huge statement.

Leicester or Tottenham by the looks of it as Arsenal are 8 points of the lead with 9 games to go.

I hope it's Leicester they really deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I think there's definitely a goal in tonight's match for Newcastle. It's just whether they can take it. If Leicester come out having won, you'd imagine that it rules out Manchester City.
Reply 26
the league was decided a week ago ...
I reckon Spurs have more in them at this stage, they'll take it by 4 points.
Leicester or Spurs, have a feeling Spurs might nab it right at the end though I'd like Leicester to go all the way.
Reply 29
It's a two-horse race now, and I don't care which horse wins. I'm a big fan of the Leicester fairytale, and what Ranieri has done, but Pochetinno is a heck of a coach and it would be some statement from Tottenham.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal would have a meltdown, too.
Original post by Mackay
It's a two-horse race now, and I don't care which horse wins. I'm a big fan of the Leicester fairytale, and what Ranieri has done, but Pochetinno is a heck of a coach and it would be some statement from Tottenham.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal would have a meltdown, too.

The detractors have it good either way. If we finish a la 2012-13 and clinch 3rd at the end of the season, Wenger stays on and may even get a new contract - more years of "mediocrity" guaranteed. Or we continue our 2 wins in 9 form and finish in our lowest position under Wenger - he chooses to depart and makes us another fallen giant like Liverpool and Utd (maybe Chelsea to a lesser extent)
Would prefer Spurs over Leicester just for the Arsenal meltdown

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still think three teams could win it.

Arsenal historically have finished seasons well. They seem to have a knack of doing enough in finishing above Spurs. I personally don't think they will this season but it's up in the air as they have good fixtures.

Leicester are in uncharted territory. They do look like they can go all the way, though teams have bottled it in similar positions before.

Spurs aren't too far behind so if Leicester do slip they can get right in there. Remember that Spurs are out of Europe after Thursday which will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal only finish seasons well when their 4th place trophy is under threat

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just want any result which means Wenger can gtfo.
Spurs on goal difference.

Quick Reply

Latest