The Student Room Group

masters in math with joint honour degree etc

hello

I am planning to do a course in accounting and mathematics degree. ucas code ng41. I wanted to ask.

can I do a masters in math when im done.

because it has mathematics can I switch careers into mechanical engineering.

I know it is accredited in a lot of universities for cima, acca etc but I don't know how many exams do I get exemptions from so can someone research it for me. also can someone name all the universities which offer this course because I only found few universities which are newcaste, Liverpool, Lancaster and Sheffield. can someone fine at least 3 more or even two. also is any of the universities do this course allow me to study abroad .
Original post by mnak123456
hello

I am planning to do a course in accounting and mathematics degree. ucas code ng41. I wanted to ask.

can I do a masters in math when im done.

because it has mathematics can I switch careers into mechanical engineering.

I know it is accredited in a lot of universities for cima, acca etc but I don't know how many exams do I get exemptions from so can someone research it for me. also can someone name all the universities which offer this course because I only found few universities which are newcaste, Liverpool, Lancaster and Sheffield. can someone fine at least 3 more or even two. also is any of the universities do this course allow me to study abroad .

No-one is going to help you if you're too lazy to do your own research.

Do you want to be an accountant, mathematician or an engineer? It's far too early to be considering postgraduate degrees at this stage, unless you have a very good idea what you want to do - and it doesn't sound like you do.
Reply 2
wow that was kinda of harsh. your right in a way. but im currently extremely busy and I was just thinking of university and questions I had about it. so im not like asking for an answer straight away. like I have time. so sorry if I offended you Duncan2012. or if you are having a bad day or something.
Original post by mnak123456
wow that was kinda of harsh. your right in a way. but im currently extremely busy and I was just thinking of university and questions I had about it. so im not like asking for an answer straight away. like I have time. so sorry if I offended you Duncan2012. or if you are having a bad day or something.

You came here expecting people to do research for you - which ACCA and CIMA exemptions you could get, find every university which offered a particular course and whether any of those universities offer a study abroad option. That's quite a bit of effort to find out, and as you haven't researched those things yourself that was why I called you lazy. I think that's fair.

It doesn't matter whether you think you are 'currently extremely busy' - it's your future so unless you're willing to pay someone for their time to research those things for you no-one else is going to do it for free.

Btw you didn't answer the question in my post - if you tell us what you want to do we might be able to give some useful advice.
Reply 4
Iwant to be a chartered accountant.
I want to go to Lancaster university (first choice)
the course gets exemption from CIMA co1-5 papers
sorry for being lazy
I found a uni search tool so I can look for unis which can offer the course and information about it
questions
can I do a master degree in math after I do this course cause it is an accounting and mathematic degree and 7-20 of the modual is math.
do get jobs for accounting or CIMA you need three years work experience so where can a graduate go to get it plus can you get it while your at uni.
does any one have experience or common knowledge of accounting to answer this.
thank you .

Quick Reply

Latest