The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking forward to it a lot, but my grades have made me get lazy!

London + clubs = happy :biggrin:
Reply 2
I wish I could look forward to it-havent quite worked out how I am gonna pay the £17000 fees tho......
Reply 3
JulietteH
I wish I could look forward to it-havent quite worked out how I am gonna pay the £17000 fees tho......

What about taking a loan out, and earning money while at uni by getting a part time job? You could also spend this summer working.:smile:

Are you a graduate or school leaver?
lol.....my boyfriend is in exactly the same boat as Juliette....the biggest loan you can get from a bank is approx ~15k (give or take..can't quite remember) other than that you would have to approach a loan company who either wouldn't consider her as she has no capital (ie a house) or would rip her off in interest... and doing the accelerated 4 year course...with all the EMS you have to do as part of the course there simply isn't the time. especially as she has to do some before even going to uni (hence this summer is written off) (plus what kind of job will find you ~68K in one summer!...pls anyone...if you know i'll sign-up!) A part-time job whilst at uni would never ....ever cover those kind of fees...you basically have to beg (parents) / borrow (bank) and possibly steal (ok so mayb not such a good idea) in order to do it this way..but hell it's worth it ...otherwise ppl wouldn't do it anymore!

And from experience....we haven't found anywhere that is willing to sponsor my b/f @ all through uni!
And as far as going to going to UNI...i am so excited i can't really believe it's all actually happening...i worry that at any minute someone is going to turn around and say...ooops..sorry no actually you don't have a place :'(
Believe me, banks will be willing to pay out for your fees with extended loans. They see vets as professionals with a large potential income in the future, so they are very willing to fork out to get you hooked, and make money from you with interest when you start earning.

And of course you get the interest free loans(well until you graduate and get a job) from the uni/student loans company.

£17000? is that a year? Are you a graduate?
17000 is the postgrad fees at liverpool...per YEAR!!! (thank god i'm not a post-grad is all i can say!)
Reply 8
Yes I am indeed a graduate, Mad Prospective Vet you summed up my situation perfectly! Is your bf going to Liverpool? I was really counting on this summer to at least help me out.....no bank will give you a loan in your first year, only your second. I am not going to give up my place without a fight tho! Ill just take it one installment at a time.....
That's awful and I thought the costs for a undergrad were far too much! I'm definitely getting a job in the summer, cleaning, data entry - basically whatever I can get
Reply 10
During the summer hols we will have alot of EMS to do so we cant work all the way through :frown:
Juliette..yep he is going to Liverpool...we met at the interview!

(technically we met on the train on the way to the interview when I made a total arse out of myself my nearly falling over as the train lurched.....but hey...elegant as always!):biggrin: :s-smilie: :biggrin:

He's also doing the accelerated course as well...so you're not alone!:smile:
Reply 12
what you met him at the interview?! wow! Ill see him at the briefing session in June then? Tell him to say hello! Boo for him having to pay the fees but yay for me having someone to share the pain :rolleyes:
LOL...I'll tell him you said hi!

yep...he was the only other one there who was chatting..for some reason the group i went in with were all quiet....nervous i guess...i just tlk loads when i'm nervous and don't shut the hell up (actually thaat's situation normal for me but hey!)

Um....dunno when his session is..I'm so pants with dates it's unreal...you probably won't miss him...he'll be male!!! (again from other posts...why are there so few men in this profession...oh well i've nabbed one of them for now :biggrin::wink: )

I'll find out from him when his session is...if it's @ the same time I'll tell him 2 look out 4 you!
Reply 14
Ha ha loving your work, promise I am only after his money making schemes! lol
LOL:biggrin: he'll be after yours as well no doubt! :p:
Reply 16
looking forward to it soooooo much lol, having missed out on going last year and having to watch all my mates go off to uni, now its my turn :biggrin:
iv been so lucky in getting accepted at liverpool again!
hehe mad prospective vet i can see what you mean about you hijacking this thread :P xxx
Reply 17
I know what you mean!! When i think of going to Edinburgh, makes me smile!! :biggrin: And very, very chuffed! All the work becomes worthwhile. Still a bit overwhelmed by the idea tht one day i'll be let loose with a scalpel... Scary thought!
Just try not to slice open your fellow students during dissection! :eek:
Reply 19
Mad Prospective Vet
Just try not to slice open your fellow students during dissection! :eek:

haha i hope thats not what you plan to do!! il be hiding from you if it is :p: :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending