The Student Room Group

WJEC Latin Level 2

Hi!
I am due to sit my level 2 Latin exam this summer - has anyone had any experience of this that could give any tips? Also, does anybody have any revision techniques and know what I should focus on revising for this?
Do I need to revise endings and stuff much or should my main focus be vocabulary as the Level 2 practice papers I have done so far have mainly just required me to understand the vocab to be able to translate correctly. If anyone knows of some useful resources I'd be very grateful!
I am the only student sitting a Latin exam in my year because I don't attend a school that offers it as a proper GCSE for everybody, so I don't really understand much of what it is like!
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 4475039
Hi!
I am due to sit my level 2 Latin exam this summer - has anyone had any experience of this that could give any tips? Also, does anybody have any revision techniques and know what I should focus on revising for this?
Do I need to revise endings and stuff much or should my main focus be vocabulary as the Level 2 practice papers I have done so far have mainly just required me to understand the vocab to be able to translate correctly. If anyone knows of some useful resources I'd be very grateful!
I am the only student sitting a Latin exam in my year because I don't attend a school that offers it as a proper GCSE for everybody, so I don't really understand much of what it is like!
Thanks

http://www.cambridgescp.com/singles/wjec/voc.html?u2124.t#
just learn all this and you'll get at least 90% w/o grammar
Original post by 4475039
Hi!
Thanks

I'm in a similar situation, learnt the vocab and done past papers. Does anyone know where to find the specimen papers, or any helpful resources? Thanks.
Reply 3
http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/qualification-resources.html?subject=latin&level=Level12Certificate&pastpaper=true

This is where I go to get past papers. If you can, do them all! I'm in the process of doing this at the moment and with each past paper I do my confidence grows a lot! Good luck for the exam!
Feel free to PM me if you need any advice. :smile:
Reply 5
Yes, vocab is very important because if you don't know your vocab how will you be able to translate anything. But if you are aiming for higher grades like A* it is also important to know grammar and endings so you are able to translate it accurately.
Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by hello510
Yes, vocab is very important because if you don't know your vocab how will you be able to translate anything. But if you are aiming for higher grades like A* it is also important to know grammar and endings so you are able to translate it accurately.
Good luck!

Thanks!
Reply 7
What was the 2017 paper on? On the website there are quite a few and I want to practice the recent ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending