The Student Room Group

Does anyone else dislike being in house shares?

I've been a student for so long and this is my fourth different house share. Sometimes I get along with my housemates but I can be a bit introverted at times and am very neat. The noise and mess (depending on the housemates) really gets to me sometimes :frown:

It's my dream to just finish postgrad and get my own place. Does anyone else sometimes have a hard time living with people? If so then how come? What are your house/flat mates like?
never liked it, I think I'm just not flexible enough! I like things my own way
Right now my housemate is downstairs with friends chatting very loudly. I have a presentation and dissertation proposal to write but can't concentrate at all because they are abnormally loud. I know that it is up to me to go over and ask them to keep it down but the awkwardness of having to do it makes me start to really wish that I was living alone :P
This is why I live alone :biggrin:
The only problem I've ever had was not being able to cook as the kitchen is occupied and I hate cooking when others are in my road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, did it for one year and hated it. Much prefer commuting
Original post by AccountingBabe
The only problem I've ever had was not being able to cook as the kitchen is occupied and I hate cooking when others are in my road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can so relate! I love to cook and bake but some days I can't when people are using the kitchen for too long :frown:
It varies on the quality of the housemates.

But I do prefer it to living alone. Coming back after a long day to someone brewing tea or lounging on the sofa is better than an empty house.
At the moment one of the housemates has friends over from her home country. I don't know when they're leaving and they're always in the main area of the house :frown:. Not being a morning person I would rather go about my business in peace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending