The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Help Picking Accomodation (if you're in leek road houses, GET IN HERE)

Hey guys, Hoping some of you who are already in the accommodation can help me out.

I'm torn between Leek Road House or Clarice Cliff Court but not because of the en suite!

Every review I read of Leek Road Housing talks about how the Student Union music blares on until the early hours of the morning.

How bad is it? Really?

I wouldn't say I particularly NEED peace and quiet but this going on all the time could get a little old..

Is the extra £20 a week worth the quiet?

Please - Weigh in.
Hey!

So I have already graduated from staffs (2012-2015) so I couldn't tell you just how bad it is currently sorry but I stayed at leek road houses in my first year so could maybe help a little.

As you say it all does really depend on how much quiet you need. So yes it can be pretty loud but only on Wednesdays (gobble) and Friday's (refresh) until around 3am. This didn't personally bother me but a few of my housemates found it pretty annoying. Many of my friends lived at clarice or the new accommodation opposite leek road houses (these would still be loud) and I have to say they probably had more in terms of a 'student atmosphere', probably easier to meet people and make friends etc. Mainly just because there are more people!

If I could choose again I would go to clarice but just because of how nice it is there, kind of has the best of both worlds. Saying this, I personally enjoyed leek road houses and the location is really great for lectures and lrv etc. Obviously as it is more central to the main student areas it is going to be louder with people generally milling around and chatting (late at night too) but I suppose you're bound to get this at any student area. In terms of quietness yes, clarice is quieter. Both have its pros and cons though it just depends on which you find more important! :smile:

I'm sure you'll have a great time either way, best of luck!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hi
I'm currently in Clarice Cliff accommodation. Honestly it really depends on the people living near you as to what the music situation is and generally across all accommodation there are some louder nights than others (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I don't know what the music is like in the other accommodation but it can be loud sometimes in clarice and other times not. Maybe choose your accommodation based on which type of living you prefer ie smaller amount of people per flat and ensuite for clarice or in a more house settting in the leek road houses. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending