The Student Room Group

Having trouble affording accomodation

I'm struggling to look for a flat for next year. I currently live with three other flat mates but two of them are a couple and the other has arranged to live with someone else nearer her home town next year. I have had a look on various sites to see how much it would cost for a 1 bedroom flat and its too expensive. I'm paying £260 for a room in a four bedroom flat and im already struggling to afford bills and not be broke by the end of the month. I've also applied for jobs but I haven't heard anything back. My mum has suggested I live at home next year but seeing as it's my third year next, it's the most important year. Living with my mum seems unsuitable as I would have to travel an hour and a half each day to uni and I have two younger siblings at home, I know that I wouldn't have time or space to do my uni work.
Is there anything my university could suggest or help with?
I've had a look at living with other students but even the rent for one of the rooms is too expensive including bills. Also, I've not really gotten along with my current flat mates this year and im not sure if i want a repeat of that next year.
If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Try uni halls?Look for studio flats rather than 1 bed. Look further out where its cheaper and walk/cycle in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending