The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
Alllll sorts. Loads. Lots of Americans, cos there is a flourishing exchange student programme.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Cool, thanks :smile:
The big majority of Americans are on JYA (Junior Year Abroad) programs, or even semester abroad programs. There are not many American undergraduates on full degree programs. As for those spending a semester abroad, blink and you'll miss them. :smile:

Otherwise, there are students from all over the world.
Reply 4
^ Ah right, thanks. Yeah I can imagine that most Americans at least are simply on their year abroad. I can also imagine a lot of Americans wanting to come to London, too.

(How come you're either in London or NYC? :smile:)
Reply 5
i heard there are quite a few Asians (Chinese, Indians etc)
city_chic
^ Ah right, thanks. Yeah I can imagine that most Americans at least are simply on their year abroad. I can also imagine a lot of Americans wanting to come to London, too.

(How come you're either in London or NYC? :smile:)

I'm from northern NJ- NYC at a stretch- and I'm doing a BA at KCL.
Reply 7
^ Cool :biggrin:
I guess so, but it's expensive, plus I get homesick sometimes.
Reply 9
^ I guess, but you live in two of the greatest cities in the world :biggrin: I'm like the same but opposite to you; I want to go to a London uni and hopefully do a year abroad at NYU lol :p:
theres also lk 200 germans n 200 french ppl.. 60 swiss etc...

closer detail u can find on the web page clickin on international students
Reply 11
There's lots of Asian students, particularly at Guy's, which is a bit of a culture shock if you don't come from a multicultural area - where I live it's a mostly white area, so it's very strange to be at university and be in the minority, it's just quite different.
Reply 12
there's lots of asian(from india) in my course (computer science)
Reply 13
Depends on the department. Law is more English, European and North American. Guys campus is very Indian because of the popularity of medicine and dentistry amongst Indians. Engineering, computer science etc is popular amongst Asians (Chinese & Indians). I woud suspect War Studies has a large American population! All in all, King's is about as multicultural as a university can get!
Reply 14
kclawyer
Depends on the department. Law is more English, European and North American. Guys campus is very Indian because of the popularity of medicine and dentistry amongst Indians. Engineering, computer science etc is popular amongst Asians (Chinese & Indians). I woud suspect War Studies has a large American population! All in all, King's is about as multicultural as a university can get!

i second to that!
Reply 15
There's a bout an 150 malaysians

Latest