The Student Room Group

poor placement feedback

I am doing a course which requires clinical placements and haven't had great placement grades. Also I was almost falling asleep before lunchtime on the last placement (I slept well during placement, so it's not due to problems sleeping). I completed the second year and have taken a year out to get various other experience and to improve on my clinical skills.

After I finished the second year I put my course credits towards an OU degree and wasn't going to return however in some respects I feel I should finish because I've completed two years. Returning isn't something I look forward. I feel anxious and drained on placements. Sometimes when I think about returning I feel quite depressed as I feel that I am going to get bad grades again for placement. My placement supervisors have all told me that they aren't sure that I am suited to a career in the NHS. The first one told me that I'd find it difficult to get a job, the second one told me I should rethink my career and the third one told me that they thought I'd be ok going private but would struggle in an NHS environment as I wasn't the kind of person who has rapport with everyone.

What do people think? I can't really discuss this with my tutors as it will colour their view of me.

Quick Reply

Latest