The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I do too, I found UCAS the simplest thing ever and I get confused about how some people manage to make mistakes, but what the hell. Always willing to help.
Reply 2
Are we not a nation of nosey-sadists?? I think i am.....:p:
Reply 3
Yeah same here, my UCAS application was done and dusted by about the 10th of October and then confirmed by the end of January. Its quite funny to see everyone panicking over different things, especially panicking about meeting targets (one of the few upsides of applying post-A Level, i have an unconditional).
;yes;
Yeah, it's interesting to see what tiny little things people panic over and how they never even crossed my mind when I applied, but I like to help :smile:
Reply 6
yeh its the ones that to me were quite like common sense lol!
my ucas went without any hassle and i was done and dusted before new year so its been really interesting seeing everyone stress lol.
Reply 7
Its interesting to see some of the worries, but it shows how little unis and UCAS actually say. Sometimes I can be quite rude, but some of the questions just go beyond stupid
Reply 8
But some people just dont have access to the information - i know you can argue that they could research themselves but i know half the people at my college wouldn't even be able to name more than five universities. It's really bad in some places.
Reply 9
There's no excuse for that. I'm sorry, but I applied from abroad and no one in my school helped me. Using Google and the UCAS information site, you are more than likely to know what to do and where to go. It's really not that difficult.
Reply 10
Well.. okay i'm not going to ramble on about my friend's situations but that's not absolute. Some people do have an excuse, just like in everything. But carry on.
Moreover, people look upon the student room as a place to research and get information. Just be flattered that TSR is held in such high regard.

I find it quite interesting, admittedly some people do ask really straightforward questions, but it's also useful when they're asking stuff you kind of wondered yourself.
Reply 12
I was the first ever to apply from my Australian school to British universities, so noone had a clue at all. My guidance counselor and I found it pretty easy because everything is explained very well on the UCAS website. When I sent off my application I was pretty confident, however when I discovered TSR after my application was sent off was when I started to worry whether I made any mistakes. In that way, it would have been contra - productive if I had found this board before sending the application off.
I find it quiet interesting what people are asking... like which universities to put down (there's noone but yourself to decide that) or common sense things.
Reply 13
No but i know exacty how it works, what to to do, what to look for etc... but sometimes other peoples opinions who dont know you and therefore are completely objective really help.

Latest

Trending

Trending