The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Swanborough vs Northfield

They're my top 2 accommodation but seem virtually similar with the exception of Northfield being marginally newer and nicer, in a nice location whereas Swanborough is more central to everything. I literally have no idea how to decide between them. By the way is it true that most international students opt for Northfield (I'd have nothing against it, just wondering).
Reply 1
Original post by Samiz
They're my top 2 accommodation but seem virtually similar with the exception of Northfield being marginally newer and nicer, in a nice location whereas Swanborough is more central to everything. I literally have no idea how to decide between them. By the way is it true that most international students opt for Northfield (I'd have nothing against it, just wondering).

They were my top two choices too because they looked the nicest. I'd preferably want to get Swanborough purely because of the location; being right outside the Jubilee building which I know is where the majority of my lectures will be. But I know that they only have like 200 bedspaces, whereas Northfield has over a thousand - so Swanborough would be a risky first choice.

Well I heard that Swanborough has just as many international students, if not more than any other accommodation. Because let's face it, if an international student has the money to study abroad and especially in the UK/US, then they'd have the money to buy the best accommodation... And also, they get their results first, so they get their accommodation preferences first. Also, people with unconditional offers get accommodation first too, so I'd say that unless you're an international student or you got an unconditional offer, it wouldn't be worth putting Swanborough down as your first choice as the bedspaces would get taken up very quickly, being in the prime location with the nicest facilities and all.
(edited 8 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending