The Student Room Group

Do you think Hitler went to heaven?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Obviously not, he had sex with Eva Braun whilst they weren't even married! and he committed suicide! Crazy.
he's not "gone" anywhere other than into the dirt, seeing as all you are after death is a big fat corpse.
I don't think there's anyone that deserves to be burned and tortured for all eternity tbh.
Original post by JeffyBoyAnjou
diverse religions reject the concept of hell and atheism creating one doesn't even make sense. God is infinitely wiser than humans and hopefully wouldn't be blinded by the emotional tit for tat revenge. anyway if god tortured him in hell wouldn't that make him worse than hitler ?

Holocaust and WWII..... Tit for tat revenge? Sorry what?
No, he didn't go to heaven. He did many great things for Germany, with best interests of German people. He was opportunistic and tactical changing his opinion as appropriate, but he was still evil and killed so many people. You may argue, well Stalin and Mao killed so many more, yes they did and do I think they went to heaven? No, they didn't either. They too are evil psychopaths destined for hell fire
yes, torturing someone in fire for them killing is noting more than revenge and would actually make god worser than hitler because even one billionth gatrillionth of a second in hell is supposed to be more painful than all the world's crimes combined could deserve.

I just find your assumptions about an imaginary hell tedious at best when discussing the very real atrocities of the Second World War.
i respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree as i don't think hell is real and god sending people there would make him no better than the criminals he condemns.

Such is the Abhramic God and his decision to punish those who he sees as wrong, I don't believe in heaven or hell either. I'm an Atheist, but taking the Abrahamic viewpoint for this question assuming it does, people like Hitler would end up in hell.
Reply 67
this isnt a debate about weather or not heaven exists, let's assume it does for discussion purposes. So, do you think Adolf Hitler went to heaven ?

i personally would say yes because god's eyes see more than ours and he sees why people do things, all the influences in their childhood and early life that led them to make the decisions they made. I think god would be forgiving.

I'd say that the people in his government and the wider public at the time were complicit in his election. If he goes to hell, so do they.
God is forgiving of many things, but I cannot see him being that forgiving.
it's not fair to say hitler was christian. For one he never again attended mass or received the sacrament after leaving home. he also made harsh pronouncements against the church and wasn't attached to the church despite never officially leaving.

not that the Christian god would have a leg to stand on considering the murder, violence and genocide that he himself has propagated.

Hitler made numerous references to God in Mein Kampf.

Stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so"

1/3 of all Nazis including High Command were practising christians.

The German Wehrmacht had the phrase Gott mit uns "God with us" on their belts.
Reply 70
you make a very good point of course. Everyone rushes to conveniently place all the blame at hitlers feet but the truth is he could not have done what he did without the complicity of millions of people and institutions.

I heard this argument the other day and I couldn't find a reason not to agree. Naturally, I've adopted it since then haha
Original post by Howard
As the God of the Bible has a long history of genocide (it's about the first thing he does.....the flood) and cruelty I'd think he'd welcome Hitler with open arms. They have much in common.

This. He'd be in good company up there.
I think he went to the third level

Spoiler

this isnt a debate about weather or not heaven exists, let's assume it does for discussion purposes. So, do you think Adolf Hitler went to heaven ?

i personally would say yes because god's eyes see more than ours and he sees why people do things, all the influences in their childhood and early life that led them to make the decisions they made. I think god would be forgiving.

I'm a Hindu and I believe in reincarnation so in order to reach heaven I think he would have reincarnated as prehaps a frog or something and in order to reach heaven he would have to do a LOT of good deeds in order to reach heaven so therefore I guess he wouldn't have. Maybe he did a lot of bad things as a frog and made a frog concentration camp meaning he would be moved lower and lower down the ladder in order to reach heaven.

(Sorry about the frog idea it was the only animal I could think of!)
Original post by AliRizzo
Agreed mate, a bad childhood was good enough reason to wage war on the world, God is understanding.

Up to declaring war on Russia, Hitlers actions were totally rational. It was rational to reunify Austria and the Dansig region of Poland which used to be Germany and was still populate by Germans. I don't understand why he declared was on Russia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you didn't pass GCSE history then?
Reply 76
He's probably still burning in Purgatory. He will be for a very, very long time.
Original post by Anti-anti
Up to declaring war on Russia, Hitlers actions were totally rational. It was rational to reunify Austria and the Dansig region of Poland which used to be Germany and was still populate by Germans. I don't understand why he declared was on Russia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Russia was communist and Hitler wanted to expand, as simple as that.

I agree though Anschluss was rational, along with other gains of land that were lost from the ToV.

What wasn't rational was Czechoslovakia and Poland. Both those times Hitler stepped over the mark, he was only supposed to take the Sudetenland, the Polish Corridor and the section of Poland agreed in the Nazi-Soviet Pact.
I think what he did was because he had no choice. These english people wants to enslave non-english people.He just refuse to be so. And then he couldn't turn back what he started.
So my point is that he just fought back. So God may forgive him for what he did. anyway i don't want to start Islamic talk because it isn't the place.
and sorry for my bad english.
why are you insulting for no reason ? i got an A* in GCSE history, an A* in A level history and I'm doing a history degree. Having a different view doesn't make someone stupid.

If you've achieved all of that, why have you not substantiated your claims with historical evidence? The only reason you gave in the OP was down to religious reasons. This is HISTORY, a court would not prosecute someone guilty of murder because God teaches us to forgive.

I'm all for different interpretations, but if you're going to be a revisionist you have to substantiate it with something. Also make that something true and accurate *cough* AJP Taylor.

So if I'm going to agree with you, why would Hitler not go to hell? What actions did he take, not some religious excuse, as to why you think Hitler wouldn't go to hell? I'll give you one, the Holocaust was never 'created' or 'signed off' by Hitler. That said, he still incited mass murder because of his anti-Semitic rhetoric which led to others taking actions on behalf of the Reich, in his name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending