The Student Room Group

Can I go back and study nursing after graduating with a business management degree?

Hi all, my situation is as follows. In scotland. A-levels in biology, physics, and business studies (all A grade)- Is it possible for me to get into anywhere on 2016 entry?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by wildivor
Hi all, my situation is as follows:

Live in England with family. 25 years old.

A-levels in mathematics, physics, and business studies (all A grade)- Then I went to university to study business management. I didn't like it very much, but I got a 2:1- About half way through that university course I realized my heart wasn't in it

I always planned on joining the military after finishing university. Even if I didn't get in as an officer or anything, I would have went for soldier. I applied for both the army and the RAF. However I am permanently medically ineligible due to a particularly bad broken bone that happened a few years ago. Spanner in the works.

In the past year since leaving university, I have been "mooching around" career wise, basically saving money in dead end jobs

I have no interest in that kind of job and have been doing a lot of thinking and research and would really like to train to be a nurse

I just don't know if it's realistically possible. I know there is NHS funding available, but I also know they recently changed that? Would my A-levels be alright for nursing? I also don't have any work experience in healthcare (although lots in other areas), is that okay? Is it possible for me to get into anywhere on 2016 entry?

As far as I'm aware the NHS bursaries are different to the SFE so you would be eligible for it even if you already have a degree (I looked into it myself as I've considered re-training). Entrance wise you could do an access course (which again I think you can get a 24+ Loan for) and get some experience by volunteering or getting a job as a HCA in your local hospital which would help you with your knowledge and personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending