The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath firmers 2016

Hi guys,

This thread is for people firming the University of Bath this year.

Accommodation opens up in April if I remember correctly, and the good ones get snapped up quite quickly so if you do firm before that, best to make up your mind pretty quickly! :fyi: you get to choose 3 types in order of preference.

Some information about accommodation:

Spoiler

As an icebreaker:

What have you applied for?

Where are you from?

What are you studying at the moment?

What accommodation(s) are you interested in?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
Hi guys,

This thread is for people firming the University of Bath this year.

Accommodation opens up in April if I remember correctly, and the good ones get snapped up quite quickly so if you do firm before that, best to make up your mind pretty quickly! :fyi: you get to choose 3 types in order of preference.

Will put in some useful links should I find some.

As an icebreaker:

Where are you from?

Regarding accommodation, what are the "good ones", ie the most popular ones? How quickly is "quickly snapped up"? Like a week?

Chem Eng.
Where are you from?
Home student.
a levels; maths, chemistry, physics.
Norwood.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Bath_Student
Regarding accommodation, what are the "good ones", ie the most popular ones? How quickly is "quickly snapped up"? Like a week?

Polden Court, Marlsborough and Solsbury come to mind as the popular ones. I'm trying to think back to my year/last year, I think the popular ones went in a matter of days. (It might be somewhere on the 2015 thread, I'll have a look when I can).

And the ones left at the end in my year were one from Westwood, then Eastwood and John Wood (avoid John Wood unless there is nothing else, simply because it's in the city).
Original post by SeanFM
Polden Court, Marlsborough and Solsbury come to mind as the popular ones. I'm trying to think back to my year/last year, I think the popular ones went in a matter of days. (It might be somewhere on the 2015 thread, I'll have a look when I can).

And the ones left at the end in my year were one from Westwood, then Eastwood and John Wood (avoid John Wood unless there is nothing else, simply because it's in the city).

Thanks! It surprises me that the most expensive ones are the most competitive. Living at, say, Marlsborough and Solsbury in Bath is as expensive as living in London..
I'm likely gonna firm Bath.

Sociology with placement

Where are you from?
London

A2 Sociology, Psychology and History

1st - Woodland, 2nd - Malsborough and Solsbury, 3rd - Osbourne (en-suite)
Recently firmed Bath, just hope I meet grade requirements now!

Chemistry for Drug Discovery with Industrial Placement (might switch to straight Chemistry though)

Where are you from?
Exeter, Devon

A2 Chemistry, Biology and Geography

Marlborough and Solsbury Court, Woodland Court and The Quads

Millionaires!!

Have either of you received any confirmation at all?

Confirmation of what?
Original post by undine_monty
Confirmation of what?

I don't what to expect, but I feel they ought to send something (either by email or by post) eg some information pack on Bath..

I take it you're also empty-handed.

Perhaps @SeanFM can weigh in.
I don't what to expect, but I feel they ought to send something (either by email or by post) eg some information pack on Bath..

I haven't had confirmation yet, but i'm sure i'll hear back from Bath soon.

:lol: I can't quite remember. If I remember correctly you get a pack closer to when you arrive with information about freshers, buses, pizza etc.

They've only sent me an email talking about accessing my offer letter through the applicant portal
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: I can't quite remember. If I remember correctly you get a pack closer to when you arrive with information about freshers, buses, pizza etc.

Is there a pizza place at bath? Also, was Bath your first choice?
Original post by undine_monty
Is there a pizza place at bath? Also, was Bath your first choice?

I only had two offers, so it was my first choice out of those :tongue: but out of the 5 I applied to it was 4th. Had I done a lot more research it definitely would've been first!

There is a place called The Lime Tree on campus that does Pizza, apparently, as well as a pizza express in town.
You can also order - there is a domino's, pizza hut, papa johns, a chinese and maybe a few other places that do deliveries.
Original post by SeanFM
I only had two offers, so it was my first choice out of those :tongue: but out of the 5 I applied to it was 4th. Had I done a lot more research it definitely would've been first!

There is a place called The Lime Tree on campus that does Pizza, apparently, as well as a pizza express in town.
You can also order - there is a domino's, pizza hut, papa johns, a chinese and maybe a few other places that do deliveries.

How so; only two?

And is it common / monetarily feasible to order a takeaway?
(edited 8 years ago)
How so; only two?

And is it common / monetarily feasible to order a takeaway?

Too many ambitious choices resulted in being rejected straight away. :redface:

Getting a takeaway every day or even every week would be excessive for most people. Depending on your financial arrangements with parents/student finance and other things that you need money for , with some budgeting you could go for some Nandos or Wetherspoons or Dominos or whatever (they sell 2 pizzas for the price of 1 on Tuesdays).
I have firmed Bath.

Chemistry with Drug Discovery with Year Abroad

Where are you from?

London

Chemistry, Physics, Maths

Polsden Court
Hi:smile:

Physics Bsc

Where are you from?
EU

Physics,Chemistry,Maths,Further Maths,Classical Greek

Quads,Polden
Original post by EmilyNinja
Hi:smile:

Physics Bsc

Where are you from?
EU

Physics,Chemistry,Maths,Further Maths,Classical Greek

Quads,Polden

Where precisely-ish?
Not a bit pricey?
(edited 8 years ago)
Where precisely-ish?
Not a bit pricey?

Yes it is..:s-smilie: I am also considering Marlborough and Solsbury Court. You?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EmilyNinja
Yes it is..:s-smilie: I am also considering Marlborough and Solsbury Court. Cyprus. You?

Are you a native speaker then? Why Bath?
Home - England for me (see above; 1st response to thread).

What's wrong with the likes of Norwood or Westwood? They look marvelous to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest