The Student Room Group

Southampton or Q.Mary's?

I have received offers from Southampton and Queen Mary's to study English BA, however I am currently sitting on the fence. I understand that SOTON is ranked higher on the league tables but Q.Mary's is a London based uni. What are the pros and cons of both? Appreciate any thoughts :smile:
Reply 1
Southampton I would pick.
Reply 2
Original post by GUMI
Southampton I would pick.

thanks for the reply, my brain is telling me that SOTON is better in terms of the league tables, but I adored Q.Mary's campus and course.
Reply 3
Original post by Gin44
thanks for the reply, my brain is telling me that SOTON is better in terms of the league tables, but I adored Q.Mary's campus and course.

I guess you are doing a different subject, but when I visited for comp sci I didn't much like their campus and labs but that might just be me xD
Reply 4
Original post by GUMI
I guess you are doing a different subject, but when I visited for comp sci I didn't much like their campus and labs but that might just be me xD

Aha, I see, I've applied for English BA, and the lecturers all seemed lovely, I went through the interview process and it was lovely to see how interested the lecturers were in the subject. But I guess we shall see. It's a shame you weren't too impressed with Q.Mary's. I appreciate hearing your thoughts :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending