The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Postgraduate Accommodations

Hello, everybody, I'm coming to Leeds for media and communication postgraduate studies and just started considering accommodations. I see people talking about Central Village a lot here, but many seem to be undergraduate students, so I don't know if it also opens to graduates?

Basically I'm looking for a self-catered accommodation (preferably an en suite) with a good social atmosphere. I have never been to Leeds before. I have zero knowledge when it comes to the location of the accommodations, so I could really use some help here.

Cheers! Xx
Original post by CHIOLLIE
Hello, everybody, I'm coming to Leeds for media and communication postgraduate studies and just started considering accommodations. I see people talking about Central Village a lot here, but many seem to be undergraduate students, so I don't know if it also opens to graduates?

Basically I'm looking for a self-catered accommodation (preferably an en suite) with a good social atmosphere. I have never been to Leeds before. I have zero knowledge when it comes to the location of the accommodations, so I could really use some help here.

Cheers! Xx

Hey! Sorry that this reply is a bit late, but unfortunately, Central Village is not open to postgraduate students! :frown: However, there are several other university accommodations that are. Based on your criteria, these are the accommodations you might want to check out: St Mark's, Leodis and Sentinel Towers.

All 3 accommodations offer self-catering services and have en-suite rooms. Leodis is the closest to campus, roughly a 7-8 minute walk, so if you'd prefer something a bit closer, you might want to stay there! St Mark's is exclusively available to postgrad students, so if you'd prefer to be in an environment that only consists of people around your age, you might want to check that out.

Sentinel Towers is the farthest from campus, I believe, a 15 minute walk or so, and it's closest to the west end of campus, so if you're a Dental/Medical school or Business school student, that would be convenient for you. I can't vouch so much for their social atmosphere because I haven't been in any, but I hear that Leodis is quite nice. :smile: x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by BookBird
Hey! Sorry that this reply is a bit late, but unfortunately, Central Village is not open to postgraduate students! :frown: However, there are several other university accommodations that are. Based on your criteria, these are the accommodations you might want to check out: St Mark's, Leodis and Sentinel Towers.

All 3 accommodations offer self-catering services and have en-suite rooms. Leodis is the closest to campus, roughly a 7-8 minute walk, so if you'd prefer something a bit closer, you might want to stay there! St Mark's is exclusively available to postgrad students, so if you'd prefer to be in an environment that only consists of people around your age, you might want to check that out.

Sentinel Towers is the farthest from campus, I believe, a 15 minute walk or so, and it's closest to the west end of campus, so if you're a Dental/Medical school or Business school student, that would be convenient for you. I can't vouch so much for their social atmosphere because I haven't been in any, but I hear that Leodis is quite nice. :smile: x

Well, a good social atmosphere is of great importance to me, so I guess I'll make Leodis as my 1st choice then :smile: Thank you so much for replying! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest