The Student Room Group

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
We should help then,not we shall not! You shouldn't just think about yourself,think about fellow humans who are suffering around the world and who are coming and knocking on our door because they need our help.

Your finally paragraph I do not understand a single bit of

Donating all your wealth and let refugees live in your house would be a good place to start.
If you are not willing, Hypocrite. That word, You know....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HucktheForde
The million dollar question : what does Europe gain from hosting refugees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brownie points
Donating all your wealth and let refugees live in your house would be a good place to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor" Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
The million dollar question : what does Europe gain from hosting refugees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Muslim refugees don't join ISIS, because they no longer feel rejected by the west.

ISIS would literally declare victory if tomorrow David Cameron, Angela Merkel, Hollande, etc all said "no more immigrants from Syria / Iraq"

And also ask yourself, what did the Indian, Pakistani, Trinidad and Tobago immigrants back in the mid-20th century bring to us? A lot, in short words.
Original post by chemting
"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor" Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

Precisely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alcohonick
The Muslim refugees don't join ISIS, because they no longer feel rejected by the west.

ISIS would literally declare victory if tomorrow David Cameron, Angela Merkel, Hollande, etc all said "no more immigrants from Syria / Iraq"

And also ask yourself, what did the Indian, Pakistani, Trinidad and Tobago immigrants back in the mid-20th century bring to us? A lot, in short words.

The muslims are not supposed to join isis at the first place. Whats next? Ill join isis if you dont give every muslim £10 million? It is isis causing this harm at the first place. Its their responsibility to stop isis to have a better life more than our responsibility to give them a better life .

And you tried to mix refugees and immigrants thinking we cant differentiate both.

If muslim refugees still insists on joining isis if they fail to blackmail us giving them free stuff, I hope they enjoy the taste of brimstone missiles.
(edited 8 years ago)
You seem to have no sympathy for any other human but yourself

Why don't you actually take lessons on grammar and structuring sentences properly in future x

It's not about lacking sympathy, it's about available resources, economics and the other balancing acts of reality.
You said so much bs. And yet not one benefit stated. And try to mix refugees and immigrants thinking we cant differentiate both.

Are you blind?

benefits:

1. The Muslim portion of the refugees don't join ISIS and actively neglect their culture and favour ours
2. ISIS suffers a massive propaganda loss through immigration, see this for details
3. As with the mid 20th century, the immigrants have the potential to offer their culture, which has made the UK the diverse and tolerant country it is today
4. We save lives and help stabilise the situation in Syria
5. The immigration puts pressure on Assad to step down, as his own people are fleeing
6. We get people willing to fill some jobs which few over here want to do
7. We demonstrate ourselves on the world stage and show everyone that one way of defeating terrorism is through the people who are most vulnerable to it.
and I could go on for ages.

Just because 0.00001% of the immigrants initiated sex attacks or participated in terror attacks, it does not justify removing the 99.9999%. Surely you're not stupid enough to think that? ISIS would literally celebrate victory if we removed all immigrants because of the Paris Attacks - that was their purpose, to spread terror and alienate the immigrants. Isolationist, victims of scaremongering like yourself are doing them a favour.
Are you blind?

benefits:

1. The Muslim portion of the refugees don't join ISIS and actively neglect their culture and favour ours
2. ISIS suffers a massive propaganda loss through immigration, see this for details
3. As with the mid 20th century, the immigrants have the potential to offer their culture, which has made the UK the diverse and tolerant country it is today
4. We save lives and help stabilise the situation in Syria
5. The immigration puts pressure on Assad to step down, as his own people are fleeing
6. We get people willing to fill some jobs which few over here want to do
7. We demonstrate ourselves on the world stage and show everyone that one way of defeating terrorism is through the people who are most vulnerable to it.
and I could go on for ages.

Just because 0.00001% of the immigrants initiated sex attacks or participated in terror attacks, it does not justify removing the 99.9999%. Surely you're not stupid enough to think that? ISIS would literally celebrate victory if we removed all immigrants because of the Paris Attacks - that was their purpose, to spread terror and alienate the immigrants. Isolationist, victims of scaremongering like yourself are doing them a favour.

Updated my reply as I understand it only on second read.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The muslims are not supposed to join isis at the first place. Whats next? Ill join isis if you dont give every muslim £10 million? It is isis causing this harm at the first place. Its their responsibility to stop isis to have a better life more than our responsibility to give them a better life .

And you tried to mix refugees and immigrants thinking we cant differentiate both.

If muslim refugees still insists on joining isis if they fail to blackmail us giving them free stuff, I hope they enjoy the taste of brimstone missiles.

ISIL's fundamental aim is to cause the Western countries to alienate Muslims worldwide, so that they feel that ISIS is the only organisation which supports them. If we denied entry to all of these refugees, a small, but significant portion of them would join ISIS. Not because they agree with them but because they become abandoned by the west in a vital situation. The majority won't, but some will, and we all know what a small group of 10 organised ISIS militants can do. And none of them are in a position to be able to stop ISIS because the main enemy in Syria is Assad, he caused the crisis and ISIS is just a side effect of this chaos.

Refugees who come to other countries are immigrants. Illegal or not, they are migrating.

And for the record, no UK 'brimstone missiles' have ever killed any ISIS militants.
(edited 8 years ago)
ISIL's fundamental aim is to cause the Western countries to alienate Muslims worldwide, so that they feel that ISIS is the only organisation which supports them. If we denied entry to all of these refugees, a small, but significant portion of them would join ISIS. Not because they agree with them but because they become abandoned by the west in a vital situation. The majority won't, but some will, and we all know what a small group of 10 organised ISIS militants can do. And none of them are in a position to be able to stop ISIS because the main enemy in Syria is Assad, he caused the crisis and ISIS is just a side effect of this chaos.

Refugees who come to other countries are immigrants. Illegal or not, they are migrating.

And for the record, no UK 'brimstone missiles' have ever killed any ISIS militants.

You don't understand. So just because someone else strategy is to cause social unrest in your country you should let them? So the next thing the refugees will demand for £10 grand every month or he will join isis. Should we give them? Blackmailing a country isn't a good way to make good with a country you want to live In.

We don't need refugees to fill our jobs. We can have proper immigrants who go through the legal process to fill em. Find a job in your country, Apply for visa, then come.

If they think brimstone missiles is not enough, they have plenty of other options to choose from USA, france, russia. Pick your poison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't understand. So just because someone else strategy is to cause social unrest in your country you should let them? So the next thing the refugees will demand for £10 grand every month or he will join isis. Should we give them? Blackmailing a country isn't a good way to make good with a country you want to live In.

We don't need refugees to fill our jobs. We can have proper immigrants who go through the legal process to fill em. Find a job in your country, Apply for visa, then come.

If they think brimstone missiles is not enough, they have plenty of other options to choose from USA, france, russia. Pick your poison.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you don't understand. This isn't 'blackmail', it's just an obvious consequence, they aren't threatening to join ISIS but some of them will if the west rejects them. They aren't shouting "let us in or we join ISIS", it is just a possible and likely consequence of rejecting them.
And you think they don't know cold? People are going to migrate whether there are strong borders or not, the only thing we can control is how they are received.

The Nazis thought they knew cold before they invaded Russia. Cold is demoralising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
The Nazis thought they knew cold before they invaded Russia. Cold is demoralising.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apples and oranges.

Walking into a cold territory for months and months on end with no food, constant fighting and low morale is different from facing a water cannon. These people ran away from their own government bombing them, from terrorists killing them, a little cold for a third of the year maximum won't demoralise anyone.
Are you blind?

benefits:

What nonsense. Moslems do not abandon Islam as a rule. They will be just as superstitious if they move to Europe as they are in Syria, and the problems we already have with non-integration demonstrate this.

More nonsense. You cannot put more pressure on a country's leader than to besiege the area of the country he is living in. He is not concerned at the emigration; he is concerned with the insurgents attacking him.

Just because 0.00001% of the immigrants initiated sex attacks or participated in terror attacks

Your arithmetic is just as nonsensical as your other statements. There were about 1.3 million claims for refugee status in the EU last year. 0.00001% of that is about an eighth of a person. I think there were rather more rapists and terrorists among them than that, don't you? Exaggerating figures so ridiculously does you no credit and devalues your argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already donate more than enough to Syrian refugees each and every month:aid organisations,so please don't tell me what to do!
I already donate more than enough to Syrian refugees each and every month:aid organisations,so please don't tell me what to do!

Since you advocate helping refugees to the extend the country descend into chaos. You should donate ALL your wealth to the refugees not just some money and host refugees in your own house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since you advocate helping refugees to the extend the country descend into chaos. You should donate ALL your wealth to the refugees not just some money and host refugees in your own house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't dictate to me what I do with my house and wealth,thank you
(edited 8 years ago)
Little boys don't dictate to me what I do with my house and wealth,thank you

Just as I thought.
Hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just as I thought.
Hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol you want me to take orders from you? I already do more than enough for my fellow Syrians. I wish I could do more but can't right now :frown: it breaks my heart knowing what's happening. People starving and dying on a daily basis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending