The Student Room Group

Unilever Summer Placement Application

Hey everyone,

I applied for a sales summer placement at Unilever back in December and had a telephone interview soon after. I was notified that I was successful in the telephone interview and was told I was being considered for a selection event. However it's now been almost three months and I haven't heard anything! Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? Or if anyone has done a selection event with them this year?/Been invited to one?

Many thanks!
Reply 1
I had the same experience with them when I applied for placements. Heard back maybe 3/4 months after to be told I had been invited to assessment centre. Trouble was they left it so long to get back to me that I accepted somewhere else (as I accidental burped in the telephone interview so thought I didn't get the job). I assume its due to the fact that its a large organisation, and maybe they prioritise placement students/apprentices/grad students first before the summer interns (not sure though).

Anyway, I would recommend ringing them up and asking, if you haven't emailed already. My experience with businesses recruitment teams is they don't want people disappearing, so they should be helpful. Unfortunately this is quite common :frown:

Good luck anyway!
Are these placements hard to get onto. Im a chemistry student at cardiff uni and wad rejected for an industrial placement last year and now I want to apply for a summer placement but im worried its a waste of.time applying
Hello, did you ever got an answer and when??? I am in a similar situation just now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending