The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Asking for a lower offer.

Originally I had 3 AAB offers and a ABB offer, however now one of the unis has lowered their offer to ABB due to a good interview.
This had made me start to question which uni I should put as my insurance.
Sheffield and another uni are my top choices however they are the same grades, and I am planning on firming the other.
Would it be worth emailing Sheffield to see if they could lower their offer due to another uni lowering their offer and complicating things, as at this offer I don't think I would firm or insure it.
Original post by hyjacked
Originally I had 3 AAB offers and a ABB offer, however now one of the unis has lowered their offer to ABB due to a good interview.
This had made me start to question which uni I should put as my insurance.
Sheffield and another uni are my top choices however they are the same grades, and I am planning on firming the other.
Would it be worth emailing Sheffield to see if they could lower their offer due to another uni lowering their offer and complicating things, as at this offer I don't think I would firm or insure it.

You can try emailing them to ask, but I doubt they'll lower their offer.

My offer was AAA but I got in on ABB. I don't know how common this is, though.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Sheffield are pretty much renowned for letting people in under their offers, in practice if you get ABC you'll probably be allowed in and you definitely will be with ABB.

My worry would be the effect of you having it as your insurance, ABB would likely be the limit then and you would be far down the list for accommodation, you'd still get a room but it would be the housing UoS contracts for when there's too many students to fit in their own halls.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending