The Student Room Group

Programming Work Experience

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find Work Experience for Computer Science, preferably programming but I haven't been able to find anything yet. My deadline is the 18th of March, and I haven't been able to find anything relating to what I want, which is Game Development. I would happily just go with Programming, but I don't actually know where to look, and I was wondering if you guys could help me.

Thank you,
Joshua Lunsi
Why bother with work experience, build a portfolio and code yourself.
Reply 2
I do code myself, I've made a couple games, some which can be played online and some I just keep to myself for my own amusement, but I have to find a place for Work Experience and I'm not allowed to just program at home.
Original post by LegendLunsi
I do code myself, I've made a couple games, some which can be played online and some I just keep to myself for my own amusement, but I have to find a place for Work Experience and I'm not allowed to just program at home.

First, make a CV listing any academic grades you have (GCSE's, A-levels etc.), relevant technical abilities (programming languages etc.), any job's you've held, and links to some of your best projects. Save it as a PDF. Google for game development/general software development companies near you, send them an email them asking for work experience with your CV attached. If you aren't terrified of ringing strangers, calling them is possibly more likely to succeed.
Reply 4
Original post by sweeneyrod
First, make a CV listing any academic grades you have (GCSE's, A-levels etc.), relevant technical abilities (programming languages etc.), any job's you've held, and links to some of your best projects. Save it as a PDF. Google for game development/general software development companies near you, send them an email them asking for work experience with your CV attached. If you aren't terrified of ringing strangers, calling them is possibly more likely to succeed.

Ok, I'll try this, thank you. If I run into any trouble I'll come back here.
Reply 5
I still haven't found any :frown:

Most of them only accept University students, so I can't really get into any.
Original post by LegendLunsi
I still haven't found any :frown:

Most of them only accept University students, so I can't really get into any.

How old are you/What year are you in?
Reply 7
Original post by helpmekid
How old are you/What year are you in?

17 and Year 12
Where abouts are you living? Perhaps someone here knows a company in the area...
Reply 9
Original post by Push_More_Button
Where abouts are you living? Perhaps someone here knows a company in the area...

I live in Merton, and I think I should have a easy journey as long as I take bus routes, as I don't really go on trains or trams so I might get lost due to missing a stop or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending