The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepingwsirens
Last years questions for g673 were

Feminist views of crime and deviance
realist solutions to the problems of crime
the role of the media in the amplification of crime and deviance

Do you know what might come up this year?
I'm busy doing English revision so from tomorrow I have 5 days till the first sociology exam. So worried I hope it's not hard
Original post by Gal cool
I'm busy doing English revision so from tomorrow I have 5 days till the first sociology exam. So worried I hope it's not hard

Omg same!! English lit on Friday. Rapture and Gatsby eek!!
Original post by Callmeclo151
Thanks! Any chance on the research methods ones? :smile:

Outlines and explain why respondent validation is used
Outline and assess the view that focus group interviews are the best way to research working class boys
is anyone doing g673 education
Original post by sleepingwsirens
Outlines and explain why respondent validation is used
Outline and assess the view that focus group interviews are the best way to research working class boys

Thanks
Reply 46
Anybody have predictions for G673 EDUCATION?
Reply 47
Original post by aysha12345
is anyone doing g673 education

Yeah i am! do you know what may come up?
i think for education something on gender might come up, but im not sure
Reply 49
sorry if this isnt the correct thread I'm new to TSR
can someone help me with this question and what to put... i understand what to put for disadvantages but for advantages what should i include? Thanks in advance!

jan 2012- outline the evidence that some ethnic groups are advantaged in the UK(20) :smile:
Original post by Liv98
sorry if this isnt the correct thread I'm new to TSR
can someone help me with this question and what to put... i understand what to put for disadvantages but for advantages what should i include? Thanks in advance!

jan 2012- outline the evidence that some ethnic groups are advantaged in the UK(20) :smile:

Perhaps some ethnic groups earn more money, top jobs
just to clarify is g773 on Monday?
Does anybody have any revision notes for theories (theoretical perspectives) on social inequality and difference G674??
DD: Would really appreciate it as our teacher hasn't provided us with much and I'm struggling to find some resources online!
Thank you!
Hi, I know a few people have asked this already but I might as well check again, does anyone know what came up last year for the education section on G673? If my memory serves me correctly, one of the questions might have been Interactionism, not sure though. Really worried about this exam ngl.
Original post by needanewusername
Hi, I know a few people have asked this already but I might as well check again, does anyone know what came up last year for the education section on G673? If my memory serves me correctly, one of the questions might have been Interactionism, not sure though. Really worried about this exam ngl.

Last year it was:
Interactionalist contributions to the study of education
The view that home is the main influence on the educational achievement of different social classes
Educational policies influenced by the New Right since 1988
:smile:
Original post by Hannah3105
Last year it was:
Interactionalist contributions to the study of education
The view that home is the main influence on the educational achievement of different social classes
Educational policies influenced by the New Right since 1988
:smile:

Nice one, thanks:smile: not even sure what that middle question means or how I'd go about answering it but I suppose there's basically no chance of it coming up so should be good
Original post by needanewusername
Nice one, thanks:smile: not even sure what that middle question means or how I'd go about answering it but I suppose there's basically no chance of it coming up so should be good

You're welcome :smile:
It basically is asking for outside factors of educational achievement in classes so you would talk about how working class homes are considered inadequate compared to the middle class. Also you would talk about how middle class parents are more child-centred. Also you can talk about cultural capital.
But yeah, there's basically no chance of it coming up lol
Original post by Hannah3105
You're welcome :smile:
It basically is asking for outside factors of educational achievement in classes so you would talk about how working class homes are considered inadequate compared to the middle class. Also you would talk about how middle class parents are more child-centred. Also you can talk about cultural capital.
But yeah, there's basically no chance of it coming up lol

Oh okay that makes sense, doesn't sound like too bad of a question in that case so it's a shame it's unlikely to come up again haha, still prefer the Marxism/Functionalism questions though
Reply 58
can anyone tell me the structure for the 20 marker in G674? is 3 points or 4 points needed??
I sat these exams last year. If anyone needs help they can ask... I might not remember everything. I can help best with the research methods section as I remember that more than anything else.

Original post by bsbnah
can anyone tell me the structure for the 20 marker in G674? is 3 points or 4 points needed??

3 big points or 4 small ones. You decide. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending