The Student Room Group

OCR sociology g673 + g674

Scroll to see replies

Original post by absentislands
Okay so from looking at past paper questions + my *****y teacher's predictions + predictions from this thread, for G673 the topics that may come up, ranging from most likely to least are;

- Age and Crime (has never come up)
- Ethnicity and Crime
- Policies for solving crime
- Self - report studies
- Class and Crime (links with marxism)
- Official Statistics
- Subculturalist explanations of crime
- Victim Surveys
- Functionalist explanations of crime (god i hope not)

Ones i'm not sure about;
- Police and courts construction of crime
- Victimization
- Location and Crime
- Feminist solutions to crime???

If you guys have any suggestions and modification let me know! I think i should do one for G674 too.

In 2015 paper, the questions were just modified versions of 2 questions from june 2012 and 1 from jan 2012. Im thinking that for 2016 they would do 2 questions from jan 2012 and 1 from june 2012 which would be OS, Victimization and subcultural
Original post by Zakriah
In 2015 paper, the questions were just modified versions of 2 questions from june 2012 and 1 from jan 2012. Im thinking that for 2016 they would do 2 questions from jan 2012 and 1 from june 2012 which would be OS, Victimization and subcultural

Interesting, didn't notice that. I don't know if they would be that predictable though. Something to think about though, thanks.
Interesting, didn't notice that. I don't know if they would be that predictable though. Something to think about though, thanks.

Sorry to ask directly, I'm kinda panicking about this and you guys seem to know how the questions work xD

For G673 crime and deviance, will it ever ask a specific question like this?
Outline and assess functionalist explanations of age in relation to crime and deviance
Outline and assess postmodern explanations of ethnicity in relation to crime and deviance

Or will it just be like:
Outline and assess functionalist explanations of crime and deviance
Outline and assess explanations of ethnicity in relation to crime and deviance
Reply 83
Original post by nicole123367
can anyone please tell me how to access the 2015 paper last year or tell me the questions for education section in g673?

You can't access it, but you can access the examiner's report, which will give you a good idea about what is was about
Reply 84
Okay so from looking at past paper questions + my *****y teacher's predictions + predictions from this thread, for G673 the topics that may come up, ranging from most likely to least are;

- Age and Crime (has never come up)
- Ethnicity and Crime
- Policies for solving crime
- Self - report studies
- Class and Crime (links with marxism)
- Official Statistics
- Subculturalist explanations of crime
- Victim Surveys
- Functionalist explanations of crime (god i hope not)

Ones i'm not sure about;
- Police and courts construction of crime
- Victimization
- Location and Crime
- Feminist solutions to crime???

If you guys have any suggestions and modification let me know! I think i should do one for G674 too.

Any predictions for the education section? and Can you please do this for G674 too!
Is Neo-marxism the same as left realism?
And is neo-marxism the same as new criminology?
G673 Predictions-

OCS
SUBCULTURAL
INTERACTIONIST
VICTIMIZATION
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by AMMMMMINH
I work for OCR. New Criminology Location Feminist explanations of crime will all come up. i promise you!!!!!

What about for education??!
I work for OCR. New Criminology Location Feminist explanations of crime will all come up. i promise you!!!!!

Location came out in 2014. Feminist explanations last year. They would never ask a question solely on new criminology. Ignore this person, the exclamation marks and "i work for ocr" proves hes a fake. He wants us to all memorise the wrong stuff so grade boundaries go down and we fail.
G673 Predictions-

OCS
SUBCULTURAL
INTERACTIONIST
VICTIMIZATION

Sounds right
Reply 90
Has anybody got predictions for g673: Education?! I really need help!
Original post by nicole123367
can anyone please tell me how to access the 2015 paper last year or tell me the questions for education section in g673?

I don't have the paper....but these were the questions from last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by i22
Has anybody got predictions for g673: Education?! I really need help!

I think for the attainment question, it will be around gender, but other than that, I have no clue! If you find any, please let me know
Reply 93
Original post by owlmadd
I think for the attainment question, it will be around gender, but other than that, I have no clue! If you find any, please let me know

If its gender i reckon it will be Female achievement!
Original post by owlmadd

Marxist explanations on role of education and vocationalism haven't come up in a while either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pandorax
Sorry to ask directly, I'm kinda panicking about this and you guys seem to know how the questions work xD

For G673 crime and deviance, will it ever ask a specific question like this?
Outline and assess functionalist explanations of age in relation to crime and deviance
Outline and assess postmodern explanations of ethnicity in relation to crime and deviance

Or will it just be like:
Outline and assess functionalist explanations of crime and deviance
Outline and assess explanations of ethnicity in relation to crime and deviance

No need to panic! From what ive seen, no they dont usually ask specific questions like functionalist explanations of age relating to
crime. Its important to remember that even if the question is about age, you have to draw from all other perspectives as evidence though.
Original post by owlmadd
Any predictions for the education section? and Can you please do this for G674 too!

I don't do education unfortunately! Will try my best for G674 though.
Reply 97
Original post by CookieMonster786
Marxist explanations on role of education and vocationalism haven't come up in a while either

Posted from TSR Mobile

i haven't touched social policies, just hoping the views and attainment questions are good.. possibly on gender mainly or ethnicity & maybe marxist views

does vocational education fall in line with social policies? because i have done that..
Original post by bsbnah
i haven't touched social policies, just hoping the views and attainment questions are good.. possibly on gender mainly or ethnicity & maybe marxist views

does vocational education fall in line with social policies? because i have done that..

I'm not too sure lol...but I have a model answer and it talks about young training scheme, new deal for young people (NDYP) and curriculum 2000 and then just functionalist , Marxist, new right social Democrats and feminist views on it whereas the social policy model answers i have don't talk about this at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CookieMonster786
I don't have the paper....but these were the questions from last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending