The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Medicine Offer Holders 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by p12
Does anybody know of any other alternative accomadation that can be applied for those people who live in London and have been rejected accomadation? Thanks!

Google:

Unite
Finddigs
Scape
Original post by Clubba
Depends really. Some cycle, some walk, some get the tube.

And everyone gets the tube to everywhere anyway - Dawson is in central so probably easier to get to those places that are in central.

thanks for your reply.I am still quite undecided between dawson and floyer.When medical students go out do they tend to go to places near floyer or dawson?and whats is your opinion about which one is better?
Original post by Michaaelaaa
thanks for your reply.I am still quite undecided between dawson and floyer.When medical students go out do they tend to go to places near floyer or dawson?and whats is your opinion about which one is better?

I'd also like to know that and also where do med students tend to go for nights out? :smile:
Original post by Michaaelaaa

Original post by HarryAgo6
I'd also like to know that and also where do med students tend to go for nights out? :smile:

My advice is to live at Whitechapel (floyer) - it's next to the main buldings and the two student union bars (late nights every Monday Wednesday and Friday)

Getting to and from charterhouse square every morning and night is way too much effort (in my opinion)
Same situation as me. Would you let me know what they say please? :smile:

Rang them today, they said that dropping EPQ and General Studies wouldn't affect the AAA offer so its okay to drop them.
Original post by Devilfinger101
Rang them today, they said that dropping EPQ and General Studies wouldn't affect the AAA offer so its okay to drop them.

Hahahaha noooooo!! Just spent the whole weekend doing epq in one go :frown:
Hahahaha noooooo!! Just spent the whole weekend doing epq in one go :frown:

So after speaking to them on the phone they sent me an almost conflciting email saying ' Our admissions policy states that what you apply to us with should comply with what you actually complete in your overall A-levels.'

Maybe it was worth it :wink:
Reply 67
Does anyone know around what date in April the offer holder day is likely to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Just to let you guys know, I phoned up today to ask about the Barts offer holder day. Apparently there will be two; one on 8th April and one on 11th April, and they'll send out an email about it on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 7me7
Just to let you guys know, I phoned up today to ask about the Barts offer holder day. Apparently there will be two; one on 8th April and one on 11th April, and they'll send out an email about it on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thanks for that information !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Anyone received accomadation info?
Reply 71
Original post by CYsuxx
Anyone received accomadation info?

I phoned up to ask about that too! I think you only get it after you've firmed, which I haven't done yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey anyone who has an offer to study Medicine at Barts, join the group that I made below (2016 entry)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1593590170960859/
Reply 73
Does anybody know when and how we apply for student finance? Also when will Barts send us details and forms for the DBS check, occupational health assessment etc. (some universities have already done this)
Has anyone got their username and password yet?
Reply 75
Original post by Belkin199
Has anyone got their username and password yet?

What do we need a username and password for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
who's picking dawson and who's picking floyer? :smile:
Reply 77
What offer holders day are you guys going to?
Reply 78
Original post by dj3k
What offer holders day are you guys going to?

I only got sent the email about the offer-holder day on 8th April, so that's when I'm going. Did anyone get an email about a different day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by yoda123
who's picking dawson and who's picking floyer? :smile:

I'm picking Floyer as it is very near to the Whitechapel campus and apparently that is where we would be for the majority of the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending