The Student Room Group

I just don't understand(slight rant alert)

Why does it seem that migrants in particular, assume that British people are being racist by saying immigration is a growing issue? We're a god damn island in a fragile economic situation and we have migrants sitting around not contributing to our economy without the government caring. We're letting in anyone at this minute rather than looking at professions we really need such as teachers/doctors. I just struggle to understand why it's such a problem to only want well qualified migrants to live here.

As well as this, we have Asians saying actual racist things(my cousin was racially abused by immigrants) and causing trouble, most notably in northern Germany. Yet they cry because we want to protect our economy by letting the ones we need in. Another example(slightly out of context to my thread) of this is the "black community" on Twitter, constantly making fun out of white people but then as soon as the police in the USA(justified or not) they scream racism. Double standards there. Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER- not every Asian is racist and I have met nice Asian people but if individuals are saying Britian is a racist place then I'm more than entitled to group Asians together too.
because the UK itself has generated this racism-accusation culture - if our leaders didn't choose to engineer this culture of political correctness then migrants wouldn't be using these buzzwords as a tool against us to garner support for more of them being able to come as a matter of advancing the interests of their own group
It's racist to generalise, those with the smallest brains make the most noise and get the most publicity, that's why only the negative stories about immigrants are ones to be published in the media. As for the immigration issue itself, of course it's a concern ask something to be dealt with, it's not racist at all to say that but it depends where you're bringing it up and why, legal immigrants have as much right to be here as you or I, you can challenge the numbers not being capped but you can't tell people they shouldn't be here, the world is ours, the world is for all of us
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending