The Student Room Group

Kings College EMDP 2017 Entry

So I know that this is early, my stats are GCSE: 1A* 6A's 3B's and 2C's. A2 prediction: AAB. Will be applying here during my gap year next year. Whats everyones stats?

Scroll to see replies

I wanna apply here in 2017 as well ^^

GCSE: 2A*s, 6As, 3Bs
A2 Predictions: AAA - A*AA (undecided but most likely one of these)
A2 Maths Early Entry Grade (Achieved): A
UKCAT: 703 Average.

Not a gap year student. Will be starting Year 13 and A2 in September ^^
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Very nice stats, personal statement left and hopefully you get in. Bad news I got BBC so I'll be retaking and applying to kings.
Reply 3
Where else are you applying to ?
Reply 4
I think it's just gonna be kings for med, can't find any other medicine courses that allow retakes.
Original post by Yahya1997
I think it's just gonna be kings for med, can't find any other medicine courses that allow retakes.

Hi Exeter allow retakes
Reply 6
Thankyou for that, competition will be very high since its a 5 year course.
Thankyou for that, competition will be very high since its a 5 year course.

Maybe look at other alternatives? I have heard at Queen Marys/Bristol once you have completed your first year in Biomed there is a chance to enter Medicine if you do very well in first year.

Correct me if I am wrong (I still need to confirm this myself).
Hi everyone!
Do you think they will consider me for the EMDP course if I'm predicted A*A*AA?
I wanted to apply for the 5-year programme but I got 660 and Band 2 in the UKCAT. So I was wondering if there is a point on applying to the standard course as King's it's a UKCAT heavy Uni. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by mithi98
Hi everyone!
Do you they will consider me for the EMDP course if I'm predicted A*A*AA?
I wanted to apply for the 5-year programme but I got 660 and Band 2 in the UKCAT. So I was wondering if there is a point on applying to the standard course as King's it's a UKCAT heavy Uni. What should I do?
Thanks in advance.

I'll be honest with you my friend applied there with such stats the year I applied and got rejected from there.He had the same predicted grades but a higher ukcat, honestly I would apply for the standard course, last year there cut off was 630.
Original post by Fishhy34
I'll be honest with you my friend applied there with such stats the year I applied and got rejected from there.He had the same predicted grades but a higher ukcat, honestly I would apply for the standard course, last year there cut off was 630.

Thank you so much! Do you know why was your friend rejected ?
I want to apply for the standard course, but I'm worried about the UKCAT score and also my GCSEs are not that amazing.
Original post by mithi98
Thank you so much! Do you know why was your friend rejected ?
I want to apply for the standard course, but I'm worried about the UKCAT score and also my GCSEs are not that amazing.

Because he was predicted really high grades and thought he would be better off on the five year course with his stats.
Because he was predicted really high grades and thought he would be better off on the five year course with his stats.

Ohh I see.. it's just I'm worried for the UKCAT as I think most people will have a 700+ score
Original post by mithi98
Ohh I see.. it's just I'm worried for the UKCAT as I think most people will have a 700+ score

Well that's not true, I've been through this process myself trust me and it's ideal to have that like it is ideal to be predicted 3 a* but not everyone has that. You also need to bare in mind that kings look at personal statement aswell your GCSEs.
Hey guys,

I wanted to apply to the EMDP because I fit all the criteria. My predicted grades are A*AA in biology chemistry and maths respectively and I was wondering if this would be a problem? I'm going to call them today just to make sure but my ukcat is 687 and band 3 so I didn't want to apply to the 5 year course as my band might be a problem and my GCSEs are reallyyyy low: 6A's 4B's.
Original post by TianaEsther
Hey guys,

I wanted to apply to the EMDP because I fit all the criteria. My predicted grades are A*AA in biology chemistry and maths respectively and I was wondering if this would be a problem? I'm going to call them today just to make sure but my ukcat is 687 and band 3 so I didn't want to apply to the 5 year course as my band might be a problem and my GCSEs are reallyyyy low: 6A's 4B's.

I've moved this thread into the Medical Schools area, hopefully someone here will be able to advise. :smile:
Original post by TianaEsther
Hey guys,

My stats where very similar to that last year and I got an interview, so I would go for it. Honestly, I should have applied five year with those stats but I wanted something as a back up.
Original post by Charlotte49
I've moved this thread into the Medical Schools area, hopefully someone here will be able to advise. :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

My stats where very similar to that last year and I got an interview, so I would go for it. Honestly, I should have applied five year with those stats but I wanted something as a back up.

Oh okay thank you, I was so worried. Same, I'm mainly using this as my back up just in case.
Reply 18
Deadline for UCAS is coming up. Done my UKCAT last week, got 617 average (530, 680, 640) and band 1. Predicted A*AA in biology chemistry and maths. I'm a retake so hopefully these stats are enough. Kings EMDP defo 1st choice
Deadline for UCAS is coming up. Done my UKCAT last week, got 617 average (530, 680, 640) and band 1. Predicted A*AA in biology chemistry and maths. I'm a retake so hopefully these stats are enough. Kings EMDP defo 1st choice

Pm me

Quick Reply

Latest