The Student Room Group

I want to study Veterinary-Medicine but I only have N5 Maths

I want to study Veterinary-Medicine when I am older.
I am on track with my grades apart from Maths.
I do everything that's beneficial for my CV in extra-cirricular activities ( dofE,Reach,Fundraising,Pupil council,2 years volunteering at a vets,completing a summer course at a Zoo etc:wink:
Is it possible If I finish S6 with 2 advanced highers in Chemistry and Biology and highers in English,History,Spanish & Modern Studies (I will get a higher maths in S6 but the requirement is higher in S5)
That I could do anything like go to college ,complete a course ,summer school etc then go on to University and study Veterinary-Medicine?
Reply 1
Original post by fergusonnnn
I want to study Veterinary-Medicine when I am older.
I am on track with my grades apart from Maths.
I do everything that's beneficial for my CV in extra-cirricular activities ( dofE,Reach,Fundraising,Pupil council,2 years volunteering at a vets,completing a summer course at a Zoo etc:wink:
Is it possible If I finish S6 with 2 advanced highers in Chemistry and Biology and highers in English,History,Spanish & Modern Studies (I will get a higher maths in S6 but the requirement is higher in S5)
That I could do anything like go to college ,complete a course ,summer school etc then go on to University and study Veterinary-Medicine?

Both Glasgow and Edinburgh are out of the question if you have neither H maths/physics in S5 but don't stop there! I think Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC are all fine; I don't know about Cambridge or Surery though. The only downside is that Reach won't be a lot of use in terms of entry for Glasgow (is it Glasgow uni your working with for reach or is it Edi?)
Reply 2
Also to apply to any of the above English universities you will possibly need 3 AHs, but it all depends on your H grades. Out of interest, what level are you at and why are you not doing H maths?
I believe that each Uni will look at your case individually. When I was wanting to study Vet Med, I was drawn more to Glasgow. But a local Vet of mine failed his Chemistry and he wouldn't have gotten into Vet Med so instead went to study Biochemistry I believe then entered first year Vet Med after that. There is various means, by studying animal science, biochemistry and such to gain entry to Vet Med. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending