The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Grants and Bursaries

So I know that Warwick offers grants to low income families as well as bursaries. But if you apply for them, can you not also apply to charities for grants? I'm not really sure if there are charities that do offer grants so some clarity would be much appreciated!
Why wouldn't you be able to apply for multiple awards? If an organisation doesn't explicitly prohibit this (or, more likely, ask you to declare any other funds you have applied to concurrently) then I would apply to as many sources as you can.

I think the situation is a little different once you accept a bursary/grant/scholarship as the financial circumstances under which you presumably made your other applications will then have changed. I think you would then be obliged to inform other organisations of that change and that might effect whether or not you remain eligible and/or they want to award you further funds.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by MonteCristo
Why wouldn't you be able to apply for multiple awards? If an organisation doesn't explicitly prohibit this (or, more likely, ask you to declare any other funds you have applied to concurrently) then I would apply to as many sources as you can.

I think the situation is a little different once you accept a bursary/grant/scholarship as the financial circumstances under which you presumably made your other applications will then have changed. I think you would then be obliged to inform other organisations of that change and that might effect whether or not you remain eligible and/or they want to award you further funds.

Sounds right. Warwick's bursary is automatic if you're low income though, provided you've not, like, already got a degree?

Quick Reply

Latest