The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey, yeh im doing it too, it doesnt seem hard so shud be ok !! Anything i can help with ?? :smile:
Reply 2
I just finished highlighting the book today. Don't know how much that's going to help me, but at least the important words will jump out at me in the exam.
Reply 3
Vesicle
I just finished highlighting the book today. Don't know how much that's going to help me, but at least the important words will jump out at me in the exam.

Hi, i'm doing this too on friday!

Ohhhhhh ... you can highlight? ... with colour? ... my teacher said we can only use pencil ... so nothing really jumps out at me ... :frown:

Although i have done some funny picture/symbols throughout the play next to the text:

a pound sign = money
a sword = war/pain/death/punishment (i couldn't draw a gun it looked odd :biggrin:)
a heart = love
a heart with the letters 'f' and 's' = father-son relationship
a big smiley face = humour
a sad-ish face = serious

I've also wrote stuff in the blank pages, but not too much.

How has everyone else annotated?
Reply 4
helz_belz
Hi, i'm doing this too on friday!

Ohhhhhh ... you can highlight? ... with colour? ... my teacher said we can only use pencil ... so nothing really jumps out at me ... :frown:

Although i have done some funny picture/symbols throughout the play next to the text:

a pound sign = money
a sword = war/pain/death/punishment (i couldn't draw a gun it looked odd :biggrin:)
a heart = love
a heart with the letters 'f' and 's' = father-son relationship
a big smiley face = humour
a sad-ish face = serious

I've also wrote stuff in the blank pages, but not too much.

How has everyone else annotated?

I've got extremely brief marginal notes (2/3 words) on some pages. I've done highlighting (colour coded) but I haven't written notes on the blank pages, I don't think that's allowed.

You might end up rubbing it out before the exam if your text gets checked.
Reply 5
It's so strange about annotations.

My teacher (who is the exams officer of the school/sixth form) said to write stuff in the blank pages. She also said she wrote minature essays, with a look like "hint hint, do that too", but i haven't.

So all of my english lit class have written loads of stuff in the blank pages. I haven't wrote too much but i know people who practically have no white space.

There are 2 main english lit classes in my sixth form, and the other class have also been told to write stuff in the blank pages.

I hope we don't all end up stuffed by being disqualified. :frown:

Best of luck to all for Friday's exam! :smile:
Reply 6
i was told by my teacher that we couldn't write anything on the blank pages but we were allowed to annotate the text
we had a really bad cover teacher when we were thaught this topic...so i have no ideas about the book, and do not know enough to write an essay... HELP!:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending