The Student Room Group

I hate my job and want to quit so bad :(

I just started working part-time in an office for a small business :frown: its been two weeks now and im making so much mistakes, i feel like it wont get any better. I just feel like the longer i stay, the more costly it is for them (their wasting their time training somome who isnt gonna even gonna work there in the long-term).Its better i leave soon rather thean later so they can find someone else who they can train and keep on. Im not even planning to stay for long as im on a gap year so i will b leaving in september. (They are lookong for someone who can stay with them forever) i know its only been two weeks but im just not doing anything right. Its causing me to be emotionally and physically drained. I hate the thought of going to work every morning and cry just thinking about it.My question is, how many more weeks is it acceptable for me to hand in my notice? Im planning to go back to my old job and do a traineeship for 12 weeks doing something i enjoy. I do not want to do this anymore. My family wont back me until i have something else.Opinion???
Two weeks? It took me more than a month to get the hang of working part time in retail and that is considered a relatively straight forward industry to work in. Don't threat, just continue to work hard, make sure you dont make the same mistake twice and over time, as they are more than aware of you will see yourself become highly efficient and a great contributor to the team. A business, which are run by people, humans know not everyone will start a job and be excellent at it; they have been in your shoes once.
Original post by BradleyLawrence
Two weeks? It took me more than a month to get the hang of working part time in retail and that is considered a relatively straight forward industry to work in. Don't threat, just continue to work hard, make sure you dont make the same mistake twice and over time, as they are more than aware of you will see yourself become highly efficient and a great contributor to the team. A business, which are run by people, humans know not everyone will start a job and be excellent at it; they have been in your shoes once.

I keep on making the same mistakes twice that's the problem:frown: ... i feel like they're slightly loosing their patience now. Its just taking me longer to understand a few concepts and they expect me to just "get it" straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending