The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology PSYA3 & PSYA4 - [Exam discussion]

Hey guys :smile: time to get that cortisol up again! I will be doing gender, cognition, aggression, depression and addiction :biggrin:

Dates:
PSYA3 - 8th of June
PSYA4 - 14th of June

Links:
[everybody contribute your resources]

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

@myalevelpsych

Cortisol reduced.
Reply 2
Original post by RodneyRaver
@myalevelpsych

Cortisol reduced.

Hi :smile: what topics are you covering?
Original post by Millie-3
Hi :smile: what topics are you covering?

Hi Millie

I am doing the new spec AQA A, I am in lower sixth. My cousin is in the year above me and does topics like relationships, schizophrenia, aggression and something else, can't quite remember but we won't be doing quite the same in september. We will be doing forensic!! Which I am boosted about, but anyway i have shed loads of notes and extra stuff that my cousin has given me, he says although the spec has changed the notes should still be helpful, in this case i can share with others like you and at least they may help you more than they will help me! What topics are you doing Millie?
Reply 4
Original post by RodneyRaver
Hi Millie

I am doing the new spec AQA A, I am in lower sixth. My cousin is in the year above me and does topics like relationships, schizophrenia, aggression and something else, can't quite remember but we won't be doing quite the same in september. We will be doing forensic!! Which I am boosted about, but anyway i have shed loads of notes and extra stuff that my cousin has given me, he says although the spec has changed the notes should still be helpful, in this case i can share with others like you and at least they may help you more than they will help me! What topics are you doing Millie?

Oh yes! The infamous new spec that has you learning all the parts of the brain! Forensics does sound fab--I hope you enjoy it (as nerdy as that sounds)! I'm sure anyone who joins the thread would love any help you could share with us, and we'd love to help you out too :smile: any queries give us a shout!
Any Revision Tips Guys? :smile:
is it possible to learn all content from now, im panicking thinking iv not got enough time .. we are still learning research methods and depression ! :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
is it possible to learn all content from now, im panicking thinking iv not got enough time .. we are still learning research methods and depression ! :frown:

Don't panic!! You're in a good position actually. There is a lot of content to depression but there's only 5 essays, so once you have these perfected, it's a matter of learning off. Research methods was my least favourite part of the course but there is so much overlap from last year that even if you were left to learn it on your own during study leave, it could be done. Research methods is just a matter of perfecting skills anyway. So don't worry!
Reply 8
Great question, I'd love to hear how all y'all are coping with revision, especially since Psy is so different to the other subjects.

Personally I've given myself till the end of March to do notes and then I'll start learning them off bit by bit.

Also, my friends and I are pooling our resources too, so if someone has a really good essay, we share it. Or if someone did great RM notes, everybody can ask for a copy. It really lightens the load.

Original post by questions1234567
Any Revision Tips Guys? :smile:
Thanks for the reassurance , im just a bit of a panicker as I also do Rs and English Lit which is a closed book exam - have 16 poems and 2 books to learn and understand . im hoping I just don't forget the key studies in Psya3 and 4 ! I need to get A for Psych and I hate research methods even though we did it last year!
Reply 10
Original post by Cherrysweetlips
Thanks for the reassurance , im just a bit of a panicker as I also do Rs and English Lit which is a closed book exam - have 16 poems and 2 books to learn and understand . im hoping I just don't forget the key studies in Psya3 and 4 ! I need to get A for Psych and I hate research methods even though we did it last year!

That is a lot of essay subjects 😱 All the best for exam time! I hate research methods too don't worry :smile:
hey guys i am covering aggression, relationship and gender anyone doing the same? if so how are you finding it i just finished my aggression revision
I know its mainly essay based subjects - but I find my English writing skills help me in my Rs and Psych essays! And I tend to go over board when it comes to giving my own interpretation! But I just don't feel motivated to revise and get easily distracted, im sat here listening to adele, eating bananas and watching youtube !

Come on guys we can do this!
Good luck to everyone !
I really need an A* in psychology - I'm doing research methods, addiction, phobias, aggression, relationships and bio rhythms! does anyone have any good tips for research methods? i tend to drop a mark regularly and can't seem to get above and A on this topic? also any good resources in general just to bump me up - especially in terms of specific help with the IDA's?
Oh yes! The infamous new spec that has you learning all the parts of the brain! Forensics does sound fab--I hope you enjoy it (as nerdy as that sounds)! I'm sure anyone who joins the thread would love any help you could share with us, and we'd love to help you out too :smile: any queries give us a shout!

Hi Millie I shared an essay on sz earlier hope you can find it
Reply 15
Does anyone know how many studies you should include in a single psya3 essay?
Reply 16
Original post by jra97
Does anyone know how many studies you should include in a single psya3 essay?

Tbh, I try and keep it to an absolute minimum if I can. I just find learning studies to be sooo tedious. And also, I think it really depends on the essay. I do cognition so, for applications of Piaget and vygotsky to education, I can't think of any studies I included. On the other hand, in cross cultural research of gender, I have more essays than anything else, because that's what the essay required. It really just depends but id go to mark scheme and learn off only those explicitly named.
Tbh, I try and keep it to an absolute minimum if I can. I just find learning studies to be sooo tedious. And also, I think it really depends on the essay. I do cognition so, for applications of Piaget and vygotsky to education, I can't think of any studies I included. On the other hand, in cross cultural research of gender, I have more essays than anything else, because that's what the essay required. It really just depends but id go to mark scheme and learn off only those explicitly named.

You don't really have to learn the study, only the results and how it links in with whichever theory you're talking about. I would suggest a minimum of four studies per essay though, as they are needed for evaluation.
Reply 18
Original post by A-LJLB
You don't really have to learn the study, only the results and how it links in with whichever theory you're talking about. I would suggest a minimum of four studies per essay though, as they are needed for evaluation.

From what my teacher has told us, depending on how you word it, the actual study can be ao1 while results--especially when contradictory--can be ao2 as they can be linked to validity/reliability of the research and the theory itself. And besides, if you outline the actual study, you can evaluate it for extra ao2
Reply 19
Guys...there's another thread with the same purpose. What do we do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending