The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Recipe Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Fantastic idea, though, do you think they could be put on the Wiki? It just takes a while to scroll through them all, and on the Wiki you could have them grouped together/more easily accessible?
NickiM
Fantastic idea, though, do you think they could be put on the Wiki? It just takes a while to scroll through them all, and on the Wiki you could have them grouped together/more easily accessible?

I'll take a look-see on the wiki, and see if my wiki'ing skills are up to the task. :smile: At the moment there aren't all that many recipes (I think people are put off with actually having to type up their recipes, which obviously takes a while), but I shall start a wikipage, yes.
Reply 122
Crimson Black
I'll take a look-see on the wiki, and see if my wiki'ing skills are up to the task. :smile: At the moment there aren't all that many recipes (I think people are put off with actually having to type up their recipes, which obviously takes a while), but I shall start a wikipage, yes.

If you want any help I'm always around and mostly bored :smile:
Thanks Assos! I've created the page ("Student Recipes"), but I'd be very grateful if you could add a 'contents' bit at the top of the page somewhere (at the moment with "Main Courses" and "Desserts"). My wiki'ing doesn't stretch that far (although I shall be attempting it).

PS: If anyone's going to edit the wikipage, keep it tidy please! :smile: Put your recipe in the correct section (or create a new one if you feel it's necessary) and embolden the title of your recipe!
Reply 124
Crimson Black
Thanks Assos! I've created the page ("Student Recipes"), but I'd be very grateful if you could add a 'contents' bit at the top of the page somewhere (at the moment with "Main Courses" and "Desserts"). My wiki'ing doesn't stretch that far (although I shall be attempting it).

PS: If anyone's going to edit the wikipage, keep it tidy please! :smile: Put your recipe in the correct section (or create a new one if you feel it's necessary) and embolden the title of your recipe!

:s-smilie: looks like you've already done it
Assos
:s-smilie: looks like you've already done it

Yes, I'm quick that way. Although I've reformatted everything so it looks quite professional now. :biggrin:

I just wish a few more people would post their recipes. I'll put them on the wikipage, you don't have to do it yourself if you don't feel you can. :smile:
Reply 126
Crimson Black
Yes, I'm quick that way. Although I've reformatted everything so it looks quite professional now. :biggrin:

I just wish a few more people would post their recipes. I'll put them on the wikipage, you don't have to do it yourself if you don't feel you can. :smile:

hehe, I've probably got a couple more kicking around I could post up and put on the wiki *goes to look for his food tech wallet*
Assos
hehe, I've probably got a couple more kicking around I could post up and put on the wiki *goes to look for his food tech wallet*

That'd be great! :biggrin:
Reply 128
Crimson Black
That'd be great! :biggrin:

hehe I've got loads, some of which I've not even made myself so I'm just going to post the good ones for now, but I might scan some in at college at some point :smile:
Reply 129
I didn't know how to change this on the wiki but Cloutie Dumpling is a fruit-cake-esque dessert, not a main :smile:
Reply 130
Thanks CB
Reply 131
ninstro
I didn't know how to change this on the wiki but Cloutie Dumpling is a fruit-cake-esque dessert, not a main :smile:

Sorted :smile:
Reply 132
Assos
Sorted :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Woops! :redface: I read "dumplings" and immediately thought "main meal"... sorry! (I just don't know the different uses of dumplings I guess. :s-smilie: :p:)
Reply 134
Crimson Black
Woops! :redface: I read "dumplings" and immediately thought "main meal"... sorry! (I just don't know the different uses of dumplings I guess. :s-smilie: :p:)

Lol no worries :smile: When I made Burns' Night dinner in Jan we had cock-a-leekie soup, followed by haggis, neeps+tatties, followed by cloutie dumpling. I explained the meal 100 times to my friends who were coming so they knew what was going on.

...Then my friend Amy asked where the dumpling was when I served the haggis... :rolleyes:
Reply 135
ninstro
Lol no worries :smile: When I made Burns' Night dinner in Jan we had cock-a-leekie soup, followed by haggis, neeps+tatties, followed by cloutie dumpling. I explained the meal 100 times to my friends who were coming so they knew what was going on.

...Then my friend Amy asked where the dumpling was when I served the haggis... :rolleyes:

lol, My aunt's got a recipe for a microwave dumpling thing that she often uses because it's a lot quicker than a proper cloutie dumpling, I'll see if I can nick it off her at some point oh and her fruit loaf *drools* :p:
Reply 136
:eek: Microwave?! Never!

I like cooking it old school. People go "Omgosh, I couldn't do that!" etc even tho it's quite simple... :biggrin:
Reply 137
ninstro
:eek: Microwave?! Never!

I like cooking it old school. People go "Omgosh, I couldn't do that!" etc even tho it's quite simple... :biggrin:

yup, microwave!!! I tend to stick to the fruit loaf, which is yummy :p:
Reply 138
Assos
yup, microwave!!! I tend to stick to the fruit loaf, which is yummy :p:

Mmm... I generally love fruit cake things... :smile:
Reply 139
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=302873

There are some recipes here- mine included :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest