The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Recipe Thread

Scroll to see replies

loser88
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=302873

There are some recipes here- mine included :smile:

I shall, to use the very useful German term, "(ein)glieder" your recipes into the wiki! You certainly made a good effort with them, loser! (haha, that sounds weird, but it's kindly meant... I mean, your username is loser after all :rolleyes:). :smile:

EDIT: Loser88, I notice that you don't include exact measurements... I would be forever in your debt if you could add the ingredients proper, although I realise your cooking style's very much like mine, I'm an improviser, and don't go for exact measurements. Thanks! If you don't know wikipedi'sch, then this template should help you:

''You will need:'' <br />
*Ingredient one <br />
*Ingredient two <br />
*Ingredient three <br />
*Ingredient four <br />
*Ingredient five <br />
*Ingredient six <br />
*Ingredient seven <br />
*Ingredient eight <br />

etc etc

Remember to keep a space between the title of your recipe, and the method of it.
Reply 141
Crimson Black
I shall, to use the very useful German term, "(ein)glieder" your recipes into the wiki! You certainly made a good effort with them, loser! (haha, that sounds weird, but it's kindly meant... I mean, your username is loser after all :rolleyes:). :smile:

EDIT: Loser88, I notice that you don't include exact measurements... I would be forever in your debt if you could add the ingredients proper, although I realise your cooking style's very much like mine, I'm an improviser, and don't go for exact measurements. Thanks! If you don't know wikipedi'sch, then this template should help you:

''You will need:'' <br />
*Ingredient one <br />
*Ingredient two <br />
*Ingredient three <br />
*Ingredient four <br />
*Ingredient five <br />
*Ingredient six <br />
*Ingredient seven <br />
*Ingredient eight <br />

etc etc

Remember to keep a space between the title of your recipe, and the method of it.

Don't worry re: loser!! is my username and true :smile:
Sorry- I'm a prat, I can write them out in here if you want? Any particular recipes?
Reply 142
loser88
Don't worry re: loser!! is my username and true :smile:
Sorry- I'm a prat, I can write them out in here if you want? Any particular recipes?

:hugs: bet you're not :smile:
Assos
:hugs: bet you're not :smile:

Loser (hihi), just write them out here, and either I or Assos'll format them - although I've already put your recipes on the site, so it might be easier to do it there...
Reply 144
Crimson Black
Loser (hihi), just write them out here, and either I or Assos'll format them - although I've already put your recipes on the site, so it might be easier to do it there...

Can you link me to the site I've not been on Wiki before and I'll have a go- may not be immediate though as going away for a while :smile:

Cheers Assos!
Reply 146
kemiandtheboy
lazy meatballs

250g minced lean beef or pork
50g flour
one egg
half a large onion or one shallot
few cloves of garlic
any other fresh savoury herbs - thyme, rosemary, sage
salt & pepper
sunflower oil

chop the onion, garlic and herbs. put these in a bowl with the mince and the flour, and the egg. put the oil in a frying pan, and put on medium heat. mix meat etc well (use hands). shape mixture into small balls, about the size of the palm of your hand, and pat flat-ish before putting in the frying pan. turn over after a couple of minutes. reduce heat, cover up and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes. serve with mashed potato (use butter and milk in the mash)

alternatively, these can be boiled: mix all the ingredients in a bowl as before, but put a large saucepan of water on the boil. add rice to the mix (as much as will fit in the palm of your hand) and mix it in. then shape smaller round balls and once the water is boiling, drop them in gently. skim the fat off the surface for a minute or so. then cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, or less if you have quick-cook rice. these are nice in a clear soup with veg and noodles or just served with a garnish of steamed carrot/runner beans/asparagus

Had these for dinner tonight they were scrummy :biggrin:
Reply 147
Crimson Black
Given the popularity of the Food & Drink board, and the fact that (to the best of my knowledge) this hasn't been done already, I was wondering if a great big thread of recipies should be created, with users adding their favourite/best dishes to it?

I afraid it had...

Merged into the old thread, as there seems no point in reinventing the wheel :smile:

It is a good idea though :biggrin:... I always missed this thread, it's almost as old as I am, UKL/TSR wise :redface:
Ana
I afraid it had...

Merged into the old thread, as there seems no point in reinventing the wheel :smile:

It is a good idea though :biggrin:... I always missed this thread, it's almost as old as I am, UKL/TSR wise :redface:

Sorry! :redface: I guess it was so old it had been locked. :p: Once I have time I shall go through the old <s>UKL<s> stuff and put the recipes in the wiki - it should certainly bolster it. :smile:
Adores this thread :adore:
Banana Meatballs

50g Bananas
50g Meat
50g Lard
50g Butter

Blend each ingredient individually then mould a mixture of all into designated shapes. Put in oven at 313K for 20 minutes. EAT.
The Division Bell
Banana Meatballs

50g Bananas
50g Meat
50g Lard
50g Butter

Blend each ingredient individually then mould a mixture of all into designated shapes. Put in oven at 313K for 20 minutes. EAT.

do my eyes decieve me? bananas and...meat?!
Reply 152
Some of my fave recipes:

Moroccan chicken with cous cous - costs about £3, serves 2/3

Ingredients

small courgette - cut into chunks or sticks
2 chopped chicken breasts (or even thighs, or quorn pieces)
chicken stock (about a pint?)
finely chopped onion
cumin, salt, pepper, chilli powder
olive oil
clear honey
lemon (half really)
small tin of chickpeas

Fry the chicken and onion in the olive oil until cooked, add spices, and honey then stock

throw in the courgette and chickpeas and cook until courgette is soft

Add the juice of half a lemon, season to taste

Serve with cous cous made with some lemon juice and black pepper, but a word of advice, don't pour the juice on your cous cous as it is very spicy!
Reply 153
Cheesy chicken and leek

Ingredients:

2 x chicken breasts chopped into chunks
1 x leek chopped
1 x Garlic clove finely chopped
200 ml veg stock
200 ml milk (add to veg stock)
1oz butter
2 tbsp flour
5-8 cubes of cheddar cheese (or to taste)
5 drops of chilli sauce (1/2 to 1 tsp of cumin works well if you don't have the sauce).
1 tsp mixed herbs
Black pepper

Method:

Fry chicken for 5 mins, add leek and garlic to pan and fry until softened.

Put milk and stock mix in a saucepan, add butter & whisk in flour. Heat on med high until sauce boils and thickens. Turn down heat and cook sauce for 1 minute.

Add chicken & leek mix to sauce and stir. Then add herbs, cheese, chilli sauce (or cumin) and pepper & simmer for 15 to 20 mins or until chicken is cooked through.

Serve with rice or pasta, it also makes a nice filling for a pie.
Reply 154
Aubergine and lentil curry - cost about £2.40, serves 2/3

Ingredients

olive oil
1 onion &#8211; chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 tbsp medium curry powder
1 aubergine diced
dried red lentils (about 150g)
pint of vegetable stock
sachet coconut milk
chopped fresh coriander
salt, pepper, and whatever spices you want to add (I used ground cumin and garam masala too)

method

Fry the onion and garlic in oil until soft, add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add the aubergine, stock and lentils and cook for about 20 mins

Throw in the coriander, coconut milk and spices and cook until the lentils are soft and mushy

Serve with rice

Be sure to freeze leftovers for another night, or put some in the fridge and eat it with a jacket potato for your lunch. yum
Reply 155
Very easy:

Pasta and Pesto

Ingredients
The only vital ones are pasta, and a pot of pesto. But I tend to add:
- bacon
- onion
- mushrooms
Oh and capers and parmesan on top.

Method

Put your pasta on to cook.

As it's cooking chop some onions/bacon and fry them. I normally fry the bacon, and then when that's done take it out and chop it up (I hate touching raw meat haha) and while I'm chopping it fry the onions in the same pan the bacon cooked in, so they get a bit of the taste. It's yummy.
Chop up and cook some mushrooms.
Drain the pasta, and mix in some pesto.
Add all the other cooked ingredients and mix them all up!
Serve (add parmesan and capers if you want)

It's so tasty and so easy. Obviously you could experiment with different ingredients, too. Pasta and pesto on its own is a good snack, too.
Grilled Mustard-Crusted Dolphin

Serving Size : 2
Categories : To Post Seafood - Entrees

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 Oz Dolphin Fillets
Salt And Pepper -- to taste
2 Tbsp Butter -- melted
4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 C Bread Crumbs
1 Oz Chopped Fresh Herbs
2 Tbsp Mustard Seeds

Season dolphin with salt and pepper; rub with a little melted butter;
reserve remaining butter.
Over very hot grill (500°) cook dolphin only until grill marks appear.
Remove from grill at once.
Rub Dijon mustard on filet; top with mixture of remaining butter, bread
crumbs, fresh herbs and mustard seeds. Bake in oven at 350° until
dolphin is brown on top and moist in center.

Makes 2 servings. :tsr2:
Reply 157
Urm, right...
Reply 158
and where are you supposed to buy dolphin fillets? (not that i would want to...)
Reply 159
I assume they'd be self caught :rolleyes:

Illegal isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest