The Student Room Group
Reply 1
id choose electrical engineering :tongue:
Reply 2
I applied for this biochem eng at UCL and the video I received made it seem quite boring...
Personally Imperial - best rep. Depends what course you are most interested in though.
Reply 4
all 3 courses are completely different. Do some research
Reply 5
all the three courses are totally different to each other, look at the course structures and go for the one you think would enjoy most.

I personally would go for Biochemical Engineering!!
Don't be fooled in to thinking rep makes any difference with regards to employability when it comes to engineering. As long as you go to a half decent uni, you'll have as much of a chance for a job place as anyone else. At the end of the day, it comes down to you, not where you got your degree - this isn't Law, where rep is everything. The only factors affecting your choice right now, should be what course you prefer, and where you'd most like to stay for the next 3, 4 or 5 years of your life.

Good luck anyways :smile:
Reply 7
I'd personally go for Electrical, but the Imperial course looks interesting. It's your decision, no-one can help you I'm afraid :smile:
Reply 8
bananamoonbeam
Personally Imperial - best rep. Depends what course you are most interested in though.

Why!?!?

Imperial has a good rep, yes, but this is bloody engineering. Think of it a bit more like medicine, it isn't just about the university that the engineering school is in, but the quality of the engineering and accreditation.

Going to Imperial is not a no-brainer if you have other even half decent places to choose from. It's good, but its not selective like Oxbridge and doesn't get you the same WOW factor generally. A BLOODY good engineering university, hell yes, but don't oversell it.

Also, going to Imperial and doing Materials Science when you want an engineering degree is a monumental mistake to make.
seen as the OP doesn't seem to have a clue what kind of engineering he wants to do, and to of his courses are BSc (not BEng/MEng), I think that Imperial will give him the best job opportunities. If OP specifically knows he wants to do a different type of engineering then he should definately go to the university that offers that. Within the engineerig field there is absoloutly no snobbery about what university you go to (and I love that), however outside the world of engineering it is a sad fact that snobbery still exists.
at least u no wt u wana do frm 3 subjects i dnt even no wt subject 2do n hav to apply in septmber!
Reply 11
The rules say no textspeak I'm afraid.

Latest