The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

5th misc thread? These are going quickly now..

All those swift gifs take up a lot of space I guess

You know whats nice about working with chinese teenagers? 90% of them have no idea who bieber, swift, kanye or any of them is...
Would highly recomend the film 'The Intern'

It looks like a silly light drama/comedy about an old intern in a new company.. but actually undreneath its a really nice look at what it means to be a man in modern society.

Takes a good look at gender/gentlemen/chivalry etc, in a way that I really liked..

Plus it only takes a 5 second google to find a dozen feminist/SJW articles declaring the movie sexist/establishing the patriarchy etc... which always confirms it will be something atleast midly interesting.

Serriously though, it shows an older gentlemen (de niro) demonstrating what it means to be a man, and just prooving to be the most collected and masculine figure ive seen in a movie in a long while..
A drunken rant from the boss in the film, at some of her male workers:

"Why have 'men' become 'boys, when 'girls' have become 'women'... Here's my theory about this. We all grew up during the "take your daughter to work day" thing, right? So we were always told we could be anything, do anything. And I think guys got, maybe not left behind, but not quite as nurtured, you know? I mean, like, we were the generation of "you go, girl."We had Oprah. And I wonder sometimes how guys fit in, you know? They still seem to be trying to figure it out. They're still dressing like little boys. They're still playing video games. Well, they've gotten great. So......How, in one generation, have men gone from guys like jack Nicholson and Harrison Ford to... take Ben, here. A dying breed. You know? Look and learn, boys. Because if you ask me, this is what cool is."
Reply 43
Original post by fallen_acorns
5th misc thread? These are going quickly now..

All those swift gifs take up a lot of space I guess

You know whats nice about working with chinese teenagers? 90% of them have no idea who bieber, swift, kanye or any of them is...

Imagine considering that a good thing
On movies, finally got round to showing my wife 'The Big Kahuna' yesterday..

Serriously underrated movie.

But then its not surprising, it really does not sound that good.. when you say its:

Kevin spacey and Danny deVito in a hotel room.. they never really leave the room, and the whole movie is them talking whilst on a buisness sales trip.

But **** me.. its good. Adapted from a play, and every part of the dialog is just spot on:
" I'm saying you've already done plenty of things to regret, you just don't know what they are. It's when you discover them, when you see the folly in something you've done, and you wish that you had it do over, but you know you can't, because it's too late. So you pick that thing up, and carry it with you to remind you that life goes on, the world will spin without you, you really don't matter in the end. Then you will gain character, because honesty will reach out from inside and tattoo itself across your face."
" It doesn't matter whether you're selling Jesus or Buddha or civil rights or 'How to Make Money in Real Estate With No Money Down.' That doesn't make you a human being; it makes you a marketing rep. If you want to talk to somebody honestly, as a human being, ask him about his kids. Find out what his dreams are - just to find out, for no other reason. Because as soon as you lay your hands on a conversation to steer it, it's not a conversation anymore; it's a pitch. And you're not a human being; you're a marketing rep."

"Larry Mann: There are people in this world, Bob, who look very official while they are doing what they are doing. And do you know why?
Bob Walker: Why?
Larry Mann: Because they don't know what they are doing. Because if you know what you are doing, then you don't have to look like you know what you are doing, because it comes naturally."
Plus the film ends with this track:

[video="youtube;889KaJ2KdZ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=889KaJ2KdZ0[/video]
Reply 49
In
Reply 50
Original post by zKlown
In

Out
Reply 51
Original post by Lúcio
Out

shake it all about

Spoiler

Reply 52
Original post by difeo
shake it all about

Spoiler

Ruined it.
Like always.
What is Taylor Swift shaking off? :colonhash:
Reply 54
Original post by Lúcio
Ruined it.
Like always.

Don't act like u didn't play the song

Original post by Dirtybit
What is Taylor Swift shaking off? :colonhash:

Haters, i.e all of this thread except the enlightened trio
Reply 55
A lot of thought went into that song. Talent game strong.
Original post by Dirtybit

[video="youtube;RqQGUJK7Na4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4[/video]
Reply 57
Original post by trapking
Ayeeeeee that dabbing doe, got me turnt :biggrin:

Chip > Yungen.

That will be all :biggrin:

When was the first time you heard about Chipmunk?
Original post by zKlown
When was the first time you heard about Chipmunk?

A very very long time ago.....although he went a little quiet after a while. Back in the days of JME Skepta etc etc.

I was still a little boy in secondary school (im in uni now) and I remember he was only just becoming famous :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by trapking
A very very long time ago.....although he went a little quiet after a while. Back in the days of JME Skepta etc etc.

I was still a little boy in secondary school (im in uni now) and I remember he was only just becoming famous :biggrin:

I see, tell me your thoughts on his early work with Black the Ripper and Cookie?

Latest